5.0 out of 5 stars Oh wow this is perfect for my 7yr old son who sometimes gets so cross, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Moody Cow Meditates (Hardcover)
I bought this item as I have a little boy who is wonderful 99% of the time but every now and then just explodes with anger. I have bought him kids anger books before and love them as they really seemed to work. My little boy is quite sensitive and has always been interested in yoga, crystals and angels so i thought meditation might really work for him - i was right! i spent ages finding a book that was just right and fell lucky getting this book on amazon as it is perfect! I'm so impressed with how the story explains exactly the situation we were facing - things make moody cow more and more upset through the day and he finally explodes. Moody cows granddad comes round to the house and shows him how to do a simple meditation. Now, when he has had a bad day, all my son does is grab a cushion to sit on, a jar of water, some glitter and a small bell. He sits down and adds a pinch of glitter to the jar for everything which has gone wrong. He shakes the jar and rings the bell. He sits still and calm until all the glitter has settled back down again (and by this time his anger has melted away) rings the bell to end the meditation and listens until he can no longer hear a sound, and then he gets back to what he was doing but this time with a cool head. I think this book would be great in schools - i know many children with anger issues or highly intelligent children who feel very frustrated and don't know how to calm themselves down. I would very highly recommend this book! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully simple and effective, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Moody Cow Meditates (Hardcover)
This book explains mindfulness for children in a beautifully simple way, with great illustrations that portray the characters' feelings really well. The mind jar exercise at the end is brilliant and I can imagine it working really well with a range of age groups. This book should be essential reading for children, and maybe even adults!

4.0 out of 5 stars I good tool for all those who care about chindren with mood change and anger, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Moody Cow Meditates (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my nephew, who is going through a difficult time. I felt, it is very good. i like the very simple meditation at the end of the book. I am sure if will be helpful to him. My friend, who works with troubled children felt it was good too. She borrowed the book for one of her group sessions and she will be making the meditation jars with the children in the workshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars My feisty four year old daughter feels like she has a friend in the Moody Cow, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Moody Cow Meditates (Hardcover)
Hahaha.... My feisty four year old daughter feels like she has a friend in the Moody Cow. Great story to relate to and communicate through if you have feisty little ones xx

Moody Cow Meditates
Moody Cow Meditates by Kerry Lee MacLean (Hardcover - 1 Sept. 2009)