on 10 May 2001
Highly recommended, we are reading this to our 4 year old and it's the only book that she keeps demanding the next chapter of! For the adult reader its also wonderful - lots of imagery and fun to read and a good re-telling of the life of Buddha.
on 27 July 2006
I bought this book to read to my two children and found it taught me so much about life I hadn't stopped to consider before. This is a gentle, inpsiring book, not just for Buddhists or those interested in Buddha. This is the book I want with me all through my life and is one I would give to a child or an elderly relative. It is a comforting, kind book when the world looks a bad place.
on 14 January 2014
I wanted life stories of Prince Siddhartha and Buddha so I can read them to my 4 year old and 7 year old. Was not sure about the book when I ordered. I received this today and I am extremely pleased about the way the stories are put together. The stories are from Prince Siddhartha's birth to the death of Buddha. I look forward to reading them with my kids.
on 6 September 2014
Being brought up Buddhist in the UK, this book was used by my parents to teach us the basics and is just gorgeous - lovely pictures and a beautiful story. I have always been sad that we somehow lost our copy years ago and planning to buy it again now as an adult, despite not being a practising Buddhist any longer. Would really recommend it to anyone wanting to teach their children more about Buddhism.
on 29 October 2011
I bought the book for a niece but, after seeing many grown-ups appreciate it, as well as the niece, I'm now convinced this is one of the best introductions to (one version of) the life of the future Gautama Tathagata one can find. This is a light text, introducing the "Great departure" (leaving the palace, after discovering pain and death) in a way appealing to most readers. Not sure I am so convinced about the description of the last-minute attempts (temptations) by Mara to prevent the enlightenment, but it was still the best-buy ever to introduce buddhism to a child (and the rest of the family) without "lecturing" it. Would advise this book as a fairy tale for any 10 year-old kid, regardless one wants to slowly lead the child into the buddhist community or just to help religious open-mindedness.
on 11 February 2014
Nice children's story book which tells the story of how the prince became the Buddha. East read for adult or child.
on 28 June 2010
The Siddharta book is trully wonderfull not just for the little ones but for the grown-ups too. The drowings are very beautifull too. The whole book is so inspiring...I've been reading it to my little girl with such pleasure..nearly at the end..but I would read it lots more to her as she is growing up..
on 8 May 2013
This storey is such a beautiful tale that makes you think a bit more about life, so that your outlook is a lot calmer and focused on peace. A wonderful book for all ages.
on 19 September 2013
Very well written version of the book. Would recommend and share with friends any time. The pictures are also nicely done.
on 28 October 2015
Beautiful story of Buddah with stunning pictures. Highly highly recommend.