5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and informative book, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Plants for Bees: A Guide to the Plants That Benefit the Bees of the British Isles (Hardcover)
We were looking for guidance on what to plant to help the bees in our new cottage garden so bought 'Plants for Bees'.

It's a lovely 'sturdy' book, with lots of great illustrations. It's easy to use with handy reference to the different types of bees that one can expect in the UK - and a comprehensive plant index.

A must for any gardener that wants to encourage bees!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 23 Oct 2012
I bought this book to learn about which plants to grow in my garden to help the bee population, but I have learned so much more: the first chapter explained the importance of bees and why we need them, I then read about honeybees, bumblebees and solitary bees - fascinating! So well written and easy to understand yet full of interesting facts.
The main part of the book covers the plants in alphabetical order and has an excellent little guide showing how good each plant is for which type of bee. The pictures are really stunning throughout the book and every detail, (such as the design of the hard cover)makes this a beautiful publication. Highly recommended! Plants for Bees: A Guide to the Plants That Benefit the Bees of the British Isles

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of bees and plants, 30 Oct 2012
This is a great book, full of information and interesting facts. I had no idea how many types of bees we had and my garden will be planted differently in the future. The chapters are full of information and I especially liked to learn more about bumble bees as I now realise that I have regular visits from 2 different types. I recommend this for all who care about bees, whatever the type, as it can only help by ensuring that we plant for bees needs of both pollen and nectar.

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone who loves plants and bees, 21 Dec 2012
This is a stunning book, beautifully designed and photographed, giving huge swathes of information in a really clear easy to digest format. Emphasing the needs of plants and pollinators to live together to keep our planet going and to feed us all. A must read for anyone who loves any of the above and especially if you can plants some of these bee friendly trees and flowers around you... I am a bee keeper and a gardener and will be reading this from cover to cover - what a wonderful gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on the subject, 5 Jun 2013
W. Vernon "Biff Vernon" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
If you have an interest in gardening and bees, all 260 odd British native bees, not just the honey bee, then this is an invaluable resource, summarising the usefulness of a very wide range of garden and wild flowers. Clearly written, authoritative and well illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good bee book, 13 Feb 2013
Very good coverage of plants for various bee species, not just for honey bees which is our interest. Good photographs, would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plants for Bees, 21 Jun 2013
The perfect book for anyone who loves bees and wants to learn more about them and discover what to plant to create a bee-friendly garden.
I use it all the time and it's working wonders already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best., 25 July 2014
C. Connolly "cc" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an incredible and beautiful book!! This is the only book you ever need for advice on bee friendly plants. It also grades each plant for value to a range of pollinators so you can choose which ones to concentrate on or to feed them all. I know several bee experts and they all love this book. It's the best gardening buy I ever made. Buy it and you'll thank me.
Don't forget to provide nesting and overwintering opportunities too. Also, berries for birds too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bee Book, 23 Jan 2014
This is now one of the best and informative books in my beekeeping book collection I would recomend it to anyone. The price was good and delivery time was excelent.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for all bees loving folk, 11 Oct 2013
BRILLIANT!!! has enabled me to tick off the plants I already have and ones I need to keep a continuous supply of nectar and pollen for our precious bees although the year. Would highly recommend. Very informative.

Used & New from: £25.00