Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 4 May 2009
If you are in any way familiar with founding father of franglais(the late Miles Kington) you will undoubtedly know of his new innovative language combining O level French and English, which he first introduced to the masses in the late 1970's, in the books "Let's Parler Franglais" and "Let's Parler Franglais again, le seconde volume". Take it from me, they are brilliant and incredibly funny,and it helps to have that O level French handy for translation purposes. But he breaks new ground in this venture, as he tackles some famous literary masterpieces in his own inimitable franglais fashion. The coruscating wit that he displays makes this a fitting tribute to an author who is sadly missed. And,it covers many literary genres from Wordsworth's 'les daffodils' to L'origine des species by Darwin. To conclude, all I can say is, french has never been so much fun!
on 19 October 2015
Very funny. Laugh out loud in places but best read in small chunks as the need to switch between English and mangled french can get tiresome. Worth it though for the brilliant lines.
on 13 March 2015
Hilarious! I really enjoy Franglais, but a whole book - yes - by Miles Kington it must be good, but I had to ration myself to a short story at a time, with long gaps in between.
on 15 February 2016
Hilarious book - makes me laugh out loud!