Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 February 2009
This book provides additional dietary information to "Treating Arthritis -the drug free way" by the same author.

Ever helpful in the battle against arthritis to anyone not wanting to go down the usual medical route.

My only negative point was a would have prefered a more extensive selection of recipes - a bit few more pages please.
on 17 December 2009
Before anyone buys this I would recommend reading another Alice.
Basically it may give you a healthy diet and feel as if you are trying to beat the disease yourself but I tried and I would advise never to give up your normal meds as it didn't work for me and I stuck to the diet rigidly.
on 27 January 2013
I had heard about this book from and the benefits of apple cider vinegar for arthritis. I have an elderly Labrador dog that has been suffering from arthritis for over 7 years and is at the point of needing support walking. It does say that it can take months for the cider vinegar to work according to the individual. but after just a few days my dog has been standing and walking. we have now called it the miracle cure in our household and we are now all on it!
on 18 February 2011
The book is ok and must have been a real "eye-opener" when it was first published. In terms of dietary advice, a lot of facts quoted in the book, such as that grains are good for you, need to be seriously revised based on scientific data that has emerged over the past 10 years. Also, it simplifies the role of fatty acids (the good ones) without much attention to the implication of avoiding them and focusing on a very high carbohydrate intake. The Epsom salts baths were quite a revelation to me and it does give temporary relief. Overall, a little book that needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
on 11 June 2010
A companion book to "Curing Arthritis Cookbook (Overcoming Common Problems Series)" which lists many interesting recipes to help you to stick to the diet.

Not particularly a diet to lose weight on (but I think it is a side effect) but one to cure arthritis without drugs.

Nice to see some tasty and interesting ideas to keep on track with.
on 1 February 2009
This is a good follow-up to Curing Arthritis The Drug-Free Way, by the same author, with a lot of useful recipe ideas. What I found particularly useful was the 'Weekly dietary requirements' section, making it possible to plan well in advance.
on 12 April 2011
This is an update of the original book under the same title. Very concise and easy to read. All the dietary foods that are mentioned are very easily obtainable. Passed on to me by my step-father, and I pass it on to others, since it certainly helps a great deal. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Good luck.
on 29 July 2011
Athritic Diet Book - found this very interesting - haven't had it long enough to have tried all the recipes but the ones I have tried have been very enjoyable.
I was recommended to buy this book as it tells me what not to eat such as Strawberries.
on 20 April 2013
This is an really good book to go along with a healing programme to help with eating the right foods as well taking the vitamins that help clear the Arthritis, dealing with the illness from the inside and helping the body heal itself. I'm also having Accupuncture and taking Chinese herbs. It's all working and I'm walking again with considerably reduced inflammation and no pain!
on 28 May 2013
I can now do up the shoe on my right foot and walk better without so much aching, so if it works and i cancontrol this enough without having to be operated on it wioll be a great ahievment. I don't want to be popping pills all my life.