5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Fibromyalgia sufferers and their families
Published on 24 July 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars One off read
I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia but had been living with the symptoms for many years. I purchased the book to improve my undertsanding of how to live with the condition. It was informative and I read about 3/4 of it. However, it was just information that I had read on the internet and rather uninspiring. Having read about 3/4 I then put the book aside and...
Published 13 months ago by caroline white

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Fibromyalgia sufferers and their families, 24 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Living with Fibromyalgia (Overcoming Common Problems) (Paperback)
If you have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia this book is a must have. The descriptions of the syndrome are spot on and also there is a great deal of practical help with the disease itself and also help with claiming benefits etc. It will help the sufferer and their families get to grips with this disease and for them to understand all the day to day problems that are associated with it. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after years of suffering and this book has helped me and my family to deal with the disease.

5.0 out of 5 stars This great book has helped turn my life around!!!, 17 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This book was me. It described my symptoms exactly, explaining the intricacies of the condition in an easy-to-understand, down-to-earth way. At last I knew what was going on inside my body, and at last I could begin to take positive action, for, as well as factual information and useful resource data, this book is full of great suggestions and advice. There is even a chapter giving benefits information. The chapter on pain and stress management has been particularly useful, and is explained in such a comforting, caring way that it had me riveted. I am now in much less pain because of this book. Not only that, I have the confidence to deal with different situations and recently even went on my first holiday abroad for ten years! Thankyou for turning my life around, Christine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book., 21 Dec 2008
Kate Tyler (UK) - See all my reviews
I got this book a week after being diagnosed.

I have been incredibly lucky in the respect that I have been diagnosed less than a year after symptoms first flared. Some go for a decade and being with a catalogue of symptoms before they, or their doctor realise all these symptoms are related and make up the Fibromyalgia symdrome.

It is difficult for people to understand the condition and for me personally it is difficult to stay motivated to look after myself.(It feels like a huge amount of effort to stay stable). I have passed this book to loved ones and the explainations in thsi book put it into words far better than what I can. I also keep this book out so that if I ever lose motivation it is there to tell me what I need to be doing to help myself and not to beat myself up about feeling depressed occasionally- who wouldn't when faced with pain "everywhere" for over a year now!

My doctor and physiotherapist are now recommending this book to patients based on the help it has given to me. It contains an exercise routine which is physically appropriate to someone with Fibromyalgia which is worth the cover price alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living with Fybromyalgia, 27 April 2010
T. Bridgland-Taylor (uk) - See all my reviews
A very good & informative book, well worth a read if you have Fybromyalgia. Useful for friends & family to help them understand the disability.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book on fibromyalgia written & published in the UK - at last!, 1 Oct 2007
Having suffered from Fibromyalgia for the last 5 years I have been on a very long journey - only recently diagnosed after so much time of not understanding what was going on! Having read several books on fibromyalgia/myofascial pain I have been constantly frustrated to learn just how much help is available... if you live in the USA!! This book is such a welcome change as it's written from the UK perpsective - I have given it to my new GP who had never heard of the condition. We have to educate them!!! A great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I understand!!!, 10 Sep 2013
This book was just what I needed.. Easy to understand and very informative.. Def. one for anyone who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Or wants to understand what it's like for friends family or work colleague. Very positive Helpful book

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read for sufferers of fibromyalgia, 12 Sep 2010
This was one of many books that was recommended to me by a hospital consultant. I am pleased I bought it (along with others) and found it informative, easy-to-understand and beneficial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living with Fibromyalgia, 2 Feb 2009
J. A. Rosser (Cardiff, South Wales, UK.) - See all my reviews
Excellent book, well written and full of useful ideas that I have found to be a great help. Having read the book through I will keep referring to it over time.
Well wrapped and promptly dispatched.

5.0 out of 5 stars such a positive book, 14 Dec 2013
I had been recommended the book on diet by this author and ended up ordering this one by mistake. I have to say fybromyalgia suffered please buy this book. When I was reading it there was loads that I kept thinking that's me! She so understands what fybromyalgia is all about being a suffers herself.
Can't recommend this book enough

4.0 out of 5 stars Good common sense help., 3 July 2009
Tina Stevenson (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This book is great for people, who already help themselves, and just need reasurance that they are not alone, going mad or just making it all up in their own heads, as we are sometimes led to beleive by some people. This is a real illness and deserves time and attention, for the sufferer and their famillies. This book is helpful in all aspects, and well worth every penny (not that it was expensive). Every Doctor & fibromyalgia sufferer should own a copy !!

Living with Fibromyalgia (Overcoming Common Problems)
Living with Fibromyalgia (Overcoming Common Problems) by Christine Craggs-Hinton (Paperback - 24 Mar 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01