5.0 out of 5 stars Woe Benny....., 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
Now if truth be told I love watching him in Sherlock but I've never really got the attraction. He has always seemed like an acquired taste, but now thanks to Joanna Benecke, I have a whole new respect for the man who I once described as quirky.

Joanna Benecke tells you about Benedict with ease and wit that clearly comes naturally.
Within these 142 pages, you are taken through the life of Mr Cumberbatch, (oh who am I kidding I know that much about him now I should really be calling him Benny)

I've discovered that Benny should always smell nice, especially since he worked in a perfumery for 6 months, I know that he longed for female company at boarding school (I bet be doesn't long for it anymore), but best of all I discovered that Benny is funny and profound.
Which means that now I'm a little bit in love with him, a sense of humour and I'm anyone's!

I admit I still look at his pictures and examine the many different hair colours (his hairdresser is amazing) but I also look at his sparkly eyes.

Don't worry, I know Benny isn't mine because he can often be found punching above his weight with a gorgeous blonde or two and I'm not jealous, not one bit!

It doesn't matter that he is out dating all these other blondes because I've realised I will always have his book and that means I can always look back fondly on the auburn tones of my Benny....

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best ‘celeb’ books I’ve ever read, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
I am a self-confessed CumberBitch or BennyBabe or anything that remotely describes my love for Benedict Cumberbatch – the bumbling, modest, British man who has captured the hearts of millions and proved that actually, famous men can be pretty damn grounded.

When the amazing people at Plexus books asked me if I’d like to review I literally jumped at the chance. I bounced out of my chair and did the dance reserved for only the best review books.

After the initial excitement had waned somewhat, I waited (impatiently) for the book to arrive. When it did I did a tad more dancing and then (very carefully) ripped open the package to find myself staring into the eyes of the one and only BennyBatch. Oooo yes, those gorgeous not-quite-sure-what-colour-they-are eyes. I thought ok, I’ll just read the introduction, put it down and then carry on with my day but that didn’t really happen…

I read the first chapter and was HOOKED.

If I’m going to be totally honest, I thought the book would be quite dull. I was preparing myself for a rather boring and predictable layout just repeating all of the facts we already know about BBatch. But no, OH NO. This book was SO much more than that in every single way possible.

Yes, there were some damn fine pictures but I was actually so engrossed in the narrator’s voice that sometimes I even managed to stop looking at pictures of him for long stretches…

The author has got the most compelling and witty voice that had me laughing constantly and at points I even had to put the book down and compose myself because I was laughing too much. The author clearly knows what she’s talking about – she must have had the AWFUL job of having to find out all about him and scroll through endless pictures to find the perfect ones…

But, in all seriousness, this is one of the best ‘celeb’ books I’ve ever read. It’s insightful, well written, cleverly laid out and actually gives you relevant and interesting information about the man in question. It was so fascinating to read about Benny’s life as he grew up and the path that lead to stardom. I must say when it came to talking about Sherlock I was sweating a bit and I had palpitations because all I could think about was Sherlock naked…yes, I must remember that a lot of other things happened in that episode…

The pictures were beautifully clear (trust me, I looked at them for long enough), the content was interesting, witty and incredibly fascinating and I read this book in one sitting. I can’t give much more praise than that – a book that can capture my attention for so long without me putting it down to do anything else is a bloody good book in my eyes!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW What a book! BRILLIANT., 23 May 2014
Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
Many of you (particularly those of you who follow me on Twitter) will know that I am THE BIGGEST FANGIRL for Benedict Cumberbatch. I squeal in delight whenever anyone tweets me a picture of him, I have watched every single film or TV show that he has been in, and I even still have a Christmas card with Benedict’s BEAUTIFUL face on sitting proudly in my bedroom nearly 6 months on from Christmas.

I love nothing more than to positively GUSH over Benedict and his sheer beauty, and with Being Benedict Cumberbatch in my hands I can do all of that and more.

Have you ever wanted to know lots of personal details about Benedict? Perhaps you’ve been dying to know a certain fact about his life and how he got to where he is now? Whatever you want answered – this book has it all! In Being Benedict Cumberbatch, we are treated to his life story, we can read about what life was like for Benedict, films and TV shops he’s done, and brilliant facts about his life too. The author has done such a fantastic job with this book – there are SO MANY fascinating pieces of information about Benedict, and the author writes in such a humorous way too. I swear I don’t know the last time I laughed so much!

This book should come with a warning – there are A LOT of full page STUNNING colour photographs of the gorgeous Benedict, and at times I alternated between drooling and feeling quite flustered and breathless over them. The author who picked out the pictures to use did a marvellous job!

Words cannot explain how much Benedict fans need this book, if you are a Benedict lover, then you need this book like you need air – seriously! Being Benedict Cumberbatch is ESSENTIAL reading for fans of Benny.

5.0 out of 5 stars A glorious Cumberread, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
So refreshing when fan biographies are as delightfully written as this one. Joanna Benecke provides a well-researched, detailed run-through of Benedict Cumberbatch's life to date in a writing style that crackles with wit, warmth and an irresistible humour that somehow manages to make the readers love her subject even more than they already do. Having a weakness for puns, I loved all the wordplay (and surely no name has ever cried out more loudly to be played with than Cumberdict Benebatch's). Add the terrific selection of photos and the excellent page design and altogether this is a lovely book to handle and read.
Ante's Inferno

5.0 out of 5 stars Benaddicted!, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
Love this book! Gives a humorous fans perspective on an incredible actors journey so far, not dull like some bios can be. Having been lucky enough to meet Benedict on several occasions I agree with the authors views on how humble and nice he his. Gorgeous photos too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Info package for all Cumberbitches, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
For a real Cumberbitch there is not much new infomation but everything is written in a nice, easy and entertaining way. In this book you have everything you want to/have to know about BC. Lots of nice photos also. You just cannot stop reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Being Benedict Cumberbatch, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
A thorough and well written book with a lot of usefull facts and some inevitable gossip - and a lot of beautiful Pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made book, 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
Looks like a good book but its for my daughters birthday so wont know til Nov how plesased she will be with it

4.0 out of 5 stars ... colourful book bought for my daughter who was very pleased with it, 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
A interesting and colourful book bought for my daughter who was very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty and entertaining. Perfect present., 19 Aug. 2014
Mr. N. J. Hamway (Oxford United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Benedict Cumberbatch (Paperback)
Witty, entertaining and funny without being fawning. Utterly brilliant.

Being Benedict Cumberbatch
Being Benedict Cumberbatch by Joanna Benecke (Paperback - 30 April 2014)