Format: Board book|Change

on 8 July 2012
The drawings are great, there is alot to look at in the house that Jack built, the cardboard pages strong, easy to grab and the holes fun for a toddler. But the story is very hard to read and our two years old son never really got into it. Perhaps more suitable for an older age, I m thinking 5 years old.
on 14 January 2010
This is a children's classic board book with holes. I bought it really because I remember it as a child but my toddler daughter has really taken to it and calls it 'Jack built'. There are lots of easily recognisable pictures to discuss as well as the rhyme to read aloud. Well worth the money.
on 10 January 2014
This book was so much more that I thought- we already have a very old version of the softbacked 'this old man,' with all it's holes and gaps, this little hardback is no exception. The rhymes are all originally worded, with gaps in the pages so you can 'spy' the next animal or person in it. Great fun and small enough for car trips, ect.
on 28 March 2011
I got this for my grandaughter who is nearly 4 because I couldn't quite remember the words..and she loves it..it's a small book but we sit and go through it over and over again.Its a cut out book so there are peep throughs to other pages, which she sticks her fingers in and giggles. There are other books in this series and I will buy more.
on 8 January 2011
Good fun book. Lots going on in the pictures, so I'm able to keep a 20 month & 3 year old entertained at the same time. You need a lot of breath for the final verses!
on 31 January 2012
This is a nice little board book with holes that small fingers will aim for, and a good size for small hands.
It tells a simple and clasical tale, like the other reviews, I would recommend it
on 5 August 2014
The item was well packaged and delivered promptly. However, the book was disappointing. It is too small, therefore the text and the pictures in particular are too small to catch a young child's curiosity and attention. Too many items crowded onto a page. I would not recommend this.
on 16 January 2013
Always favourites - these books with holes.
A sit on lap read keeps the little ones interested in what's next.
my son loves this nursery rhyme on his cds. the book is small but hard back and great colourful illustrations.
on 23 November 2011
Got this book for a 3 year old boy to add to a christmas gift. The only reason i chose this, because his oldest brothers name is Jack :) So i think it will be more fun and more interesting for him to read...