5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Little Ducks
Published on 10 Mar. 2010 by Barbara Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small
I had already seen this book but it was in a large size. I thought the cd would compliment the book so much I bought it as a present but was really dissapointed when it was such a small book for toddler age children.
Published on 6 Feb. 2012 by wuff

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Little Ducks, 10 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Five Little Ducks (Classic Books with Holes Board Book) (Board book)
This was bought for my 1 year old granddaughter and she loves it. We sing the song and she loves turning the pages with me and poking her little fingers in the holes. Her older brother (3) enjoys it too, as he sings it at pre-school. He also noticed that all the little ducks are different and the first time we read it he looked for which one was missing in each verse! I liked that little touch in the book as it made a very simple song/story more interesting for him. Good strong board pages for little ones to turn. Very durable and very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and detailed illustrations, 18 Feb. 2011
I read this book to my 4-month old son and we both enjoy it.

It is basically the well-known children's song "Five little ducks went swimming one day*". You can either sing it or read it out to your child.

The illustrations are what I particularly like about this book: they are very detailed, showing all the creatures you might see in a duck's environment (water snails, diving beetles, eels etc). On each page are also some rather menacingly-drawn creatures (greedy-eyed foxes or hungry-looking pikes, for example) which are quite exciting for children to see and discuss (is this what has happened to the five little ducks??). When my son is older I imagine that we will discuss all the things drawn on each page.

And there are holes of various shapes on each page of this board book, so that the current page cleverly incorporates part of the illustration of the following page.

Lovely book, I recommend it for age 1 month to perhaps 3 years. Note that the sticker on the back of the book does say that the book is not suitable for children under 3 years, due to small parts. I presume that the small parts are pieces of cardboard potentially remaining from the hole-making process. However, I carefully checked our copy and no such small parts remain in it.

*Incidentally, the lyrics written in the book are, "Five little ducks went out one day, over the hills and far away. Mother Duck called, "Quack, quack, quack, quack!" But only four little ducks came back" etc whereas I grew up singing, "Five little ducks went swimming one day.." etc. But you can, of course, sing whichever words you choose. Also, at the end the ducks _do_ come back (a happy ending!) whereas some people end the song when all five ducks have gone missing and none come back.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 23 April 2009
Mrs. P. Whiteside (n'ireland) - See all my reviews
i bought this book for my wee grandson who enjoyed it immensley,there were lots of things to recognise in the pictures eg; fish ducks frogs etc;
and we sang the song together doing the actions

5.0 out of 5 stars Five little ducks, 10 Aug. 2010
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This is a perfect book for babies, as are the others in this series. Lovely size, with holes to peek through and wonderful illustrations. These have been great favourites in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun with little ones!, 20 Feb. 2011
I sent this book along with a Five Duck Finger Puppet glove to a one year old for their birthday and it has proved a huge success.

The book is nicely illustrated and easy to follow for little ones.Five Little Ducks (Classic Books with Holes)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, 6 Feb. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Little Ducks (Classic Books with Holes), 4 Dec. 2013
I forget how many times I have read this to my little grandson, he enjoyed the holes in the pages and being able to see fish, frogs, etc., through them. He seems to like ducks too. A great hit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Book missing only cd received s, 16 Oct. 2013
I ordered this and received only the cd (in a brown envelope) which is supposed to accompany the book. I asked for replacement and to my annoyance, another cd came minus the book. It does state 'classic book with holes'.
It clearly states that the cd is listened to with the book but have had the hassle of sending both CDs back. I still haven't received a refund for the second one.
Do not order as it is useless without the book and even though it is cheap it is still annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Little Ducks (with holes), 2 May 2010
M. Hughes (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
I bought this book, on spec, a few weeks ago for my little girl, who's just turned 1. She loves it and has to have it read to her by mum several times a day and by dad, just before bed, every night - at least once. She loves the ducks and especially likes exploring by putting her fingers through the little holes in the pages. Fabulous book for any parent looking for a great distraction and book for their young child. You even get to sing your way through the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colourful pictures, 12 Mar. 2013
I bought this along with Ten Little Monkeys and Wheels On The Bus. My 4 month old is attending Tiny Talk and these 3 books cover some of the songs we sign to, so will prove to be great aids. They have a lovely feature where part if the picture from one page is carried on to the next and each page has lots of things going on to be able to talk about as you sing your way through. Bright colours and great illustrations.

Five Little Ducks (Classic Books with Holes Board Book)
Five Little Ducks (Classic Books with Holes Board Book) by Penny Ives (Board book - 1 Sept. 2002)