Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 March 2014
The book, as the title implies, is concerned with applying mathematic principles to physical practical problems. The book has many worked examples and exercise questions at the end of each chapter. This book is recommended for any person interested in this subject whether a student or like me someone with an interest.
on 17 November 2014
This is a very good Applied Mathematics book. The two authors are brilliant writers of Maths book.

They are able to write for the students who is a self learner, sufficiently concise and able to state the require key information to assist the student.

I first got this book when I was doing A-Levels and I have bought another copy for my son who is doing a revision course at UNI.

The book has not changed much but is still good.

The authors have gotten wise to the chop and change bug, they have dozens of books on the same topic with slight variations from each other - which are basically the same book - I am sure that this is publisher lead to cover different student markets.

Highly recommended.
on 10 February 2013
A very informative book, full of detailed examples and a variety of exercises. I would recommend this book to all.
on 17 March 2009
I recently gave this book a 2-star review, but I now feel that was unfair. Having read the preface I realise that the Miscellaneous Exercises at the end of each chapter are for those looking for a challenge and Scholarship Paper candidates. The book gives adequate 'easy' exercises for those of normal ability range, although an introductory text may be helpful for some chapters, particularly the one of Centres of Mass. Certainly helpful for first year undergraduates studying classical mechanics.
on 20 May 2010
I would recommend this Applied Mathematics book over any others. Loads of questions that would help prepare you for exam type questions, and a very good reference book if you continue to do Mathematics at university
on 12 June 2010
I'm dumbfounded that anyone is recommending this as a first year degree book. We used it in the 6th form for our A-levels back in 1982. An absolute cracker of a book. Good explanations and regular exercises.

If it is now a year 1 degree book, that says more about the quality of modern degrees - pity.
on 20 May 2011
This is a standard good text book for anyone interested in Applied Maths.... the old school ""not dumbed down" version. Highly recommended.
on 17 October 2014
i only passed my exams by using this book. i recommend this book for all engineering students it has most of the things that you need to know for some subjects.
on 18 February 2015
As expected. Great a'level book. Excellent service thank you.
on 8 September 2014
Very good book, ideal back up book.