on 15 December 2011
Well here it is at last, the final volume in the Third Antichrist Trilogy, and it has been worth the wait! You can read it as a standalone novel but it is so much richer if you have read the previous two novels. Left on a bit of a cliffhanger with our baddies about to drown, we find out what happens.....

This is a large book, bordering on 666 pages (!), it is fast paced and witty. Unusually for this type of book it is also erudite. I love a book in which I learn alot and am entertained!
The glossary is also helpful as it answers all the in jokes/ entendres concerning the names of significant characters!
So, this book is mainly set in Moldovia and Romania, but ties up the threads of Nostradamus in France and the Mayan Codex from Mexico. I cannot say too much without spoilers but I can share that as Adam Sabir, Calcque and the intrepid gypsies rush to the climax, chased by the Corpus Maleficus we find out not only who is the Third Antichrist but also who is the Second Coming!

If you like fast paced, mystery or conspiracy type thriller this is the book for you! Just the thing to curl up with at this time of year.............
on 10 December 2011
i waited so long for this third book and it was worth waiting for...if you rememember the end of mayen codex alot of readers thought we had missing pages but this follows on from there..i am only sad now its finished..mario readings a fantastic author and really enjoyed being lost in his books..
on 27 February 2012
I've been meaning to write to tell you how much I enjoyed the 3rd in your trilogy - the Third Antichrist - which I finished a few weeks ago now. You really know how to tell a gripping tale and I was enthralled from the first page - and many a night I stayed up far too late turning the pages faster and faster! The gruesome Dracul and his growing wickedness as he got into his stride. The grimly psychopathic Abinger and his ghastly band of freakish brothers and sisters. The dogged and heroic Sabir, the lovable band of gypsies - the fascinating snippets of gypsy lore. The final twist in the tale was as deeply satisfying as it was unexpected.
It was an electrifying, fast moving, fascinating story - in part gruesome and finally uplifting as Good finally was rewarded and triumphed over the darkly disturbing Evil. A real treat! Years of hard work, research and dedicated writing finally paid off and I hope you get the recognition you deserve. Congratulations indeed - Bravo!
on 27 February 2012
Having listened to a presentation on Nostradamus by Mario Reading, I fully expected this to be a well researched book, but it went even further than I imagined. Quite apart from the French soothsayer and the Mayan Codex, the author's knowledge of gypsy culture and folklore is marvellously educational, as well as adding terrific depth to a spellbinding book. It is very easy to put too much information into text with all that knowledge in your head, but Mario Reading balances data input with a fast moving, exciting and very original adaptation of the oldest storyline there is - good versus evil - with characters to match, from the extremely likeable to the downright odious! My only warning is that you need to concentrate to keep up with the author's intellect, but I strongly advise you to do so. This is a tour de force, hugely enjoyable, deep and thought provoking - and well worth a few nights away from the television set!
on 19 January 2014
Great read with lots of twists and turns whilst always concentrating on the main characters. An engaging and enticing read just had to get to the end of the book, then start the next book couldn't stop until I had read them all.
on 20 November 2015
I read all three books over the course of a few days. Fascinating reading. I found the descriptions of gypsy life and culture very interesting. I think that the story itself is rather far fetched. But, then, dark deeds and diabolical plots are revealed all the time!
on 15 April 2012
The whole trilogy is intense and the story itself is interesting, however, in my opinion the books also include lots of unnecessary stereotypes, generalisations and the ending is quite predictable. I expected little bit more from the author with ultra high IQ...
on 30 April 2012
After reading the different reviews and not having read the first two books in the series, i must say that the story is well thought. I knew perfectly well what was going on with out having read the other books in the trilogy, and everything made perfect sense. The beginning is fast paced as is approximately the last 40 chapters of the book,but the middle is a little disappointing and can become quite tedious. The characters come alive and you are able to feel emotionally connected to them, they mature in time and you can see their gradual transformation into what they finally become.
It is a good read.
on 6 November 2014
Story follows on although I lost interest in first few chapters. However it did regain my interest further into the book and followed on from previous book. Took time to 'get back into it'.
on 13 June 2014
I am enjoying reading the series of books by this writer, am wading my way through them as moving house so a few pages a day when chance permits