5.0 out of 5 stars Changed My Life!
This book was recommended by a friend who had lost an incredible amount of weight. It completely changes the way you eat for the better and how fat is good and sugar is bad! I feel so much happier and healthier and it is not a diet, it's a way of living! I highly recommend it.
Published 3 months ago by Amy

Premise - the rating is 5 stars if you have only this edition (2013). 3 stars if you also have the previous one (2010).

Published 14 months ago by Culture Enthusiast

3.0 out of 5 stars The best present to your health and body (but not completely revised and updated content compared to the previous edition), 6 Jun 2013
Culture Enthusiast (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Clean & Lean Diet: The Bestselling Book on Achieving Your Perfect Body (Clean & Lean Series) (Paperback)

I have been a fan of this system for years and I have purchased also the previous edition of this book (I also have the Flat Tummy Fast and the amazing Clean and Lean Recipes Book). Whilst the title makes reference to diet this is a lifestyle and not a counting calories exercise The system is based on the principle of cutting carbs, refined sugar, alcohol, processed food. The great thing about this system is that the author explains in detail the reason why these should be avoided and the (bad) effects their consumption has on your health.
There is a 14 days plan (different compared to the previous edition) to kick off with the system to get rid of toxins and new recipes. The section on exercises is the same as the previous edition, but with a different mix. If you are a fan of the Clean & Lean system this book is worth buying only if you want to try new recipes as I did not notice a great deal of difference compared to the previous edition. If you have never tried this system purchase this book (in this 2013 edition) and you will notice the difference just a few changes can make in your life and weight. This is not a fad like Tracy Anderson - actually exercising for 60 minuets everyday is bad for you!
I really like the style of the author, never patronising or arrogant. He is very supportive in his tone. And if this system works for Elle MacPherson and Hugh Grant also common mortals like us can get huge benefits with regards to our health!

* There are mistakes in the pages numbers relating to the exercises circuits. Also he mentions the 8 minutes workout that was present in the previous edition, but is not in this one (even if he mentions it). Looks a little bit rushed in this section. Also the statement of this being a totally revised and updated version is not correct as more than 80% of the content is the same as the previous edition (there is just a different mix of the exercises, a couple of new testimonials, a rejigged foreword by Elle MacPherson and new recipes - basically what I found useful and truly new are the recipes).

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed My Life!, 17 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!!!, 18 Feb 2014
I have learnt so much from this book, I have been sugar free for 9 days now and I feel amazing, highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally changed my eating, 25 Jun 2014
I have done every diet under the sun and joined every diet club. Each time I lost weight but I never kept it off.

I made most of the changes suggested in this book and my tastes have totally changed - I no longer crave sugar but enjoy lots of foods that I have denied myself for years! I now eat for health, not weight loss.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will power, 14 Nov 2013
Lost 5lb the first week of the detox.
I wasnt hungry at all and my skin has improved.
I found it expensive all organic and there was a few strange combinations,but I like the principle.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 11 Dec 2013
im starting to lose weight and feel good with this book, it exsplains every thing you need to know on eating healthy

5.0 out of 5 stars makes perfect sense!, 6 April 2014
Accessible, straight forward, easy to read, easy to do. A new way of living and not a diet fad. I'm glad I found this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Feb 2014
Amazing book with great recommendations. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a clean healthy lifestyle. Very well written x

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Jan 2014
Great book! Massive eye opener and has already helped me lose 7lbs in a fortnight.
Not a fad diet - completely practical to follow long term and so tasty - no more 3pm slumps and sugar cravings!
Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing! !, 18 Dec 2013
Awesome book very informative and helpful in deciding which foods to eat. Has taught me so much about new foods and how to cook it healthier. Top book. Love it. Buy it. You'll be impressed