5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic bakes that suit you better
Oh, I do love to bake. But I do not respond well to refined sugars and flours. I'm a foodie all right, but one rather with a love for veggies and fruits than the heavy stuff. Same with baking: would do that all day every day, if it wasn't for the cakes you then get stuck with, or rather this low and sluggish feeling after eating all this refined high glycemic food...
Published 16 months ago by Anne

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful...but not ground breaking.
I was given this as a gift from my Granmother who knows that not only do I love to bake - but I am also making changes to my lifestyle to be more healthy - so this was a really thoughtful and ideal gift. Firstly - the book is visually stunning, it is beautifully photographed and staged, and the food prepared for each shoot looks incredibly appetising and inspirational...
Published 5 months ago by Miss S. M. Summers

5.0 out of 5 stars A really modern take on special treats, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Love Bake Nourish: Healthier cakes, bakes and puddings full of fruit and flavour (Hardcover)
Gave this as a gift to a great baker who was trying to cope with a family member who was avoiding white sugar.
Since then several gorgeous creations have been produced incorporating fresh fruit and unusual flour.The recipes and pictures are inspiring and I'm tempted to get my own copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and inspiring - but not for those on a budget, 18 May 2013
A beautiful book. This really made me think about ingredients and health. The recipes I have done have been lovely and inspirational. However, the ingredients are not cheap. Also, some of the specialist flours and herbs are not available near me so I will have to source online.
I would love to see a general a cookbook from this author

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as many cakes as I'd expected, 30 Mar 2013
Lovely book with beautiful photos and some very great ideas for cakes.
Some of the puddings are a bit odd to have in such a book, but lots of great meringue and pavlova ideas with heaps of fruit.
I'd like there to be nutritional information with each recipe, or certainly a calorie count. My initial 'likely to be favourite' comes in at over 400 calories before I add the topping!
All in all a good buy, so long as I remember that a healthy flour and honey instead of sugar do not make for less calories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful recipes, 17 April 2013
I have a number of baking books that I use occasionally but I have already baked a number of recipes from this book which have turned out perfectly. The book is beautifully illustrated and the author give you many ideas on how to substitute different fruits. These recipes show you how to achieve guilt-free (or at least a little less) treats that can be made as a weekday treat or special occasion. I will be returning back to this book more often and expect it to quickly become a favourite.

4.0 out of 5 stars cakes as you have never tasted them before, 26 April 2013
This cake/pudding book is very good, I have baked several items from it and all have been delicious. The use of fruit and maple syrup give a subtle sweetness and the finished cake looks beautiful with berries and edible flowers on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book but taste not so great, 13 July 2013
This is a beautiful book, photographs are stunning. But I made the Anzac biscuits and found them to be very bland. Also some of the tin sizes used in the book are imoossible to get hold of in the Uk. I think its back to Delia for me

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A WONDERFUL BOOK, 3 Jun 2014
As you may have read from my previous reviews on baking books, I am an avid collector of baking books over many years. I was poorly off for many years, unable to afford luxuries and holidays etc and 'lost' myself in cookbooks which took me round the world on the culinary journey contained within their pages.

This book is one of those books - full of easy to follow recipes, beautifully photographed, with explanatory text that gives an insight into the life of the author, which is always the clincher for me.

Anyone new to baking will also be able to follow this - no long-winded recipes, complicated instructions or ingredients you simply can't find in your local supermarket (thank you, Amber).

A truly delightful book. I will definitely be following Amber's culinary trek through baking in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really yummy, 29 May 2013
Chock full of wonderful recipes, cakes can be good for you after all! Amber has used many varying combinations of ingredients, some quite unusual - the only problem was which to make first. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves baking and eating.

4.0 out of 5 stars wow, 30 July 2013
this is a lovely book with lots to read as well as the recipes .i've only tried one cake but the flavour was lovely worth reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious inside and out!, 31 Oct 2013
A beautiful presented book, which is wonderful to read and provides guilt-free baking. Would recommend this to anyone looking for guilt-free baking.