4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the buy
I bought this as a guilty pleasure and to get practical recommendations. No regrets - there is quite a lot of information in there.
Published 21 months ago by LizLomen

Published 21 months ago by A. Mcfadyean

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful facts about stuffs on anti-ageing but winning products???, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Anti-Ageing Beauty Bible: Everything You Need To Look and Feel Gorgeous Forever (Paperback)
The best thing about this book is the comprehensive stuffs covered on every aspects of our beauty regime (from skincare to bodycare to makeup), the stuffs we should know that make us look older or help age faster as we age. I know one can just look up the internet and check these beauty facts about skincare, footcare, dental care etc but i like the idea that these info are all in one handy book organised like a guidebook - love it, makes my life easier from 'creative' Googling all the time.

The book also attempts to tell us what the best products are in each beauty category (as in best anti-ageing cream, night cream, mascara, shampoo, foot cream etc), however there are so few products and most hideously expensive, yes we're talking about Estee Lauder, Guerlain, Clarin, Rodial, Elemis, Spa standard of exclusive brands that I've never even heard of. Also as some reviewers have pointed out earlier, it's biased toward the natural, organic brands e.g. countless Liz Earle winning entries. Also I feel a little uncomfortable to what extent the book is actually promoted by QVC beauty - sorry i can't help it. Personally I'd prefer a more rigourous & systematic Which approach of tabulated test results with more products covering not just the most expensive products that are more likely to win more Oscars (solely on their expensive ingredients with higher R&D costs) but also cheaper and mid range brands that most people can actually afford in these recessionary times.

The bad news is I took the risk of ordering 2 brands that i'm not too familiar with, one a Jemma Kidd concealer that doesn't conceal at all, what a waste of money yet the highly rated Mac and Bobbi Brown concealers did not even make the entry in this category. So guys do be careful, do your homework (check other reviews on Net including You Tube) and most importantly, test the product in store!!! I'm likely to believe in Bobbi Brown & Mac products that made it in the book though. Some brands we trust better than others because they really do deliver and that's when consumers are prepared to pay a bit more premium price, nobody likes being ripped off and I'm not too sure this book is entirely safe on product recommendations as the best...by all means, do your own further research.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the buy, 19 Oct 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 8 Jan 2013
I really dithered over buying this book as the reviews for it overall were not great, but I eventually decided to treat myself to it for christmas, and I have to say I am really pleased I did.
I found the book a very interesting and useful read, am already a avid user of good quality skincare and believe in looking after my skin so really enjoyed reading all the different chapters covering different aspects of ageing and how I could improve my current regime, with techniques, diet, excersise etc, as well as new products to try.
I already use some of the brands recommended in the book so personally wasn't phased by them being salon brands or otherwise, I feel that the book has just cherry picked the best from good skincare brands.
Overall a really fab book that I will keep referring back to and I would thoroughly recommend if you are serious about looking after your skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, I had to buy another!, 18 Jan 2013
My wife bought this for her sister. When it arrived and before it as wrapped, my wife had a good look through it and was so impressed, that I bought another one for her.

Obviously, I don't know very much about the subject, but both of them tell me that it is packed full of practical, sensible tips and advice.

Good value for money - it kept both of them quiet for hours on Christmas Day!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tips, 20 Mar 2014
I guess a book like this has a shelf life as new products come onto the market regularly but some good beauty advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb beauty bible, 28 Nov 2013
No female should be without this beauty bible. Have read it cover to cover which is fairly unusual for me. Great advice throughout!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 21 Jan 2013
Beauty is my passion and this book is an updated version that explains the A-Z best beauty product buys. One thing I dislike is that whilst researching this book online I couldn't find a chronological order of the other books in the series. And even on the inside cover of this book, there was no mention of the other books in the series which is disappointing as I would like to know what order the books have come out in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 21 Oct 2012
This book could save you a lot of money. It tells you which products are worth the money & work. Having said that, we are all different & one of the lip glosses that scored highly just went into sticky clumps on my lips & I had to wipe it off before my lips stuck shut ! Maybe I just used too much ? Book is a little too expensive for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book, 30 Mar 2013
as a beauty addict this was a must have, i now refer to it everytime i need to make a skincare or make up product as it highlights the best products on the market

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Lady, 18 July 2013
Sorry but I was very disappointed in this book it only gave recommendations for various products I thought it would be full of tips about anti-Aging I have bought various beauty books over the years and this one did not come up to the claims it makes

6.40