5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Millinery!
We were lucky enough at the weekend to have a workshop delivered by Mary-Jane where we made some fabulous fascinators and headbands and she brought her book along to show us. This is a high quality craft book! Speaking as someone who is a bit of a craft junkie, I am often disappointed by books that look as if they are crammed full of projects only to find that there are...
Published 14 months ago by Vicki

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough hats
I bought the book after hearing Mary Jane Baxter on the radio. I haven't made hats before but always wanted to, I have now made the To Russia with Love hat and will make more when I have time. The first part of the book is about techniques which is very useful, there's quite a lot on making organdie flowers which I haven't tried yet.
The instructions are clear and...
Published 7 months ago by A Garrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Headway!, 4 May 2014
This review is from: The Modern Girl's Guide to Hatmaking: Fabulous hats and headbands to fashion at home (Paperback)
Today I met Mary Jane Baxter and was able to tell her in person how great her book is. It has really helped me to get into millinery in a big way. Previously i was a sculptor working on large heavy pieces but an injury made it impossible to continue working in this way. I was given this book as a present and found that I could be creative again from the comfort of my couch! The results are fantastic. The book is easy to follow, quite innovative and really inspiring. It is also very attractive and I just love picking it up and leafing through. An excellent present or guide book for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 April 2014
M. W. Brown (uk) - See all my reviews
Good book good illustrations and patterns,easy to follow, good value. It is bad practice to ask someone to review products with a a minimum number of words as some products just do not need this. I just repost this statement when this occurs

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and interesting, 20 Jan 2014
Great book for anyone wanting to start making hats, stylish and lots of photographs with clear instructions. Definately a good buy. The only criticism would be that suppliers for materials are mainly in London, there are lots of suppliers in Luton as well (the home of hat making in Britain).

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring book, 12 Oct 2013
With a family wedding coming up I was looking for millinery inspiration and here I've found plenty. (I've tried making fascinators before, but didn't manage more than a base with a few feathers and beads.) This book has opened up a whole range of possibilities, with projects suitable for all ages and skills. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. At the moment, I'm thinking of the Treasured Tiara for the little flowergirl, and the Teardrop fascinator for myself. After that, who knows? Thank you, Mary Jane.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing !, 21 Aug 2013
Very disappointed with this book.Indeed there are lots of pictures but all incredibly small so not particularly useful for seeing the detail. Some of the styles are very strange indeed. Wish I'd done more research on this book prior to purchase, very disappointed. There are several other books I would recommend over and above this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book for beginers., 13 Aug 2013
I got this book primarily for the instructions and methods of hat-making, but it contains many ideas for hats that are easy to make for an amateur like me. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to progress their crafting skills further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 July 2013
Best hat book on the market for a beginner, only downside is several of the projects are a bit twee although many are absolutely lovely and it's a good point of inspiration to start developing your own designs

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN, 10 July 2013
MADE ME LAUGH AND MADE ME SEW AGAIN. IT IS A SMASHING BOOK.
I DONT WANT TO WRITE ANY MORE!!!!!!
JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES YOU ARE MAKING ME CROSS I DO NOT WANT TO WRITE A BOOK.

12.91