5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book and great present!, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Rurbanite: Living in the Country without Leaving the City (Paperback)
I was given this book as a present and i love it! In fact i think quite a few people will be getting this from me this year! It's perfect for an ex country girl like me who is marooned in London but dreaming of a more rural life and I'm using it as a manual for turning my urban garden into a rurbanite paradise - I've even bought some hens! Lots of interesting info on community gardening as well and i really like the way it's broken down into projects that you can achieve in a weekend or around a busy life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 27 Mar 2013
Carole Morris "Unicorn" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This author is such an enjoyable writer - it all flows so naturally without being patronising or highbrow or any of those things that usually irritate so much in a reference book. It says what it has to say in chatty informative bites, and is all one needs on the greenhouse bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tips, 28 Jun 2013
This book is full of wonderful tips for gardening in small areas.Bought it for my Daughter who lives in a flat.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's finally arrived!, 5 Mar 2013
Donna (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Just got my copy of the Rurbanite. I loved Alex's last book, The Edible Balcony so couldn't wait to read this. I've just moved to a house with a garden and am really interested in keeping hens and possibly, if I'm brave enough, bees - this book is perfect, it's got it all - vegetable growing, hen-keeping, foraging, etc. I love all the tips and photos, I've got a flat roofed shed & I'm definitely going to put a green roof on it now that I've seen how.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic and inspirational book, 20 Mar 2013
I am so pleased I bought this book - lots of clearly laid out projects to get the whole family interested growing some of our own food as well as encouraging wildlife into the garden (my 7 year old daughter is desperate to make a nesting site for bumble bees!). We have a smallish suburban garden and never thought we had space to grow vegetables, but this has inspired us! All the information you need without making it seem too technical or daunting.

The Rurbanite: Living in the Country without Leaving the City
The Rurbanite: Living in the Country without Leaving the City by Alex Mitchell (Paperback - 1 Mar 2013)