on 25 June 2012
I bought this for my neice, who was diagnosed as being gluten intolerant just over a year ago. She's only 14 and sometimes struggles with what she can and can't eat. On the day I gave her this book, she baked a cake which tasted absolutely lovely. She'd tried baking cakes from recipes she found in other books, but they always tasted stodgy or a bit dry. This was moist and tasted like a cake made with ordinary flour. She seems really pleased with it. There is a wide selection of recipes to try out - some of which are not to her taste, but she has found a lot of things she is eager to try. The only down side from my point of view is that, when it said 'Gluten-Free Cooking for Kids', I didn't realise it had baby food recipes at the front of it - I thought it was a cook book for children to use to make food for themselves. When I first saw them, I wondered if I'd ordered the right book for her. It is good sized book though, so even taking into account the baby food at the beginning, there are still lots of recipes for older children.
on 14 December 2014
When my 2 year old son was diagnosed with Coeliac disease recently i despaired. Would I ever be able to bake cookies with him again? More importantly would I be able to make his birthday cakes? My thoughtful sister in law bought me this cookbook and it arrived the day after we had told them (brilliant delivery from amazon) and I have not looked back. I already cooked from scratch but the recipes in here added to my arsenal. More importantly I could bake with my son AND the results are very tasty, very tasty indeed. Would highly recommend this book for anyone who has coeliac or has to care for someone who has it.
on 6 October 2015
Lovely simple recipes and nice pictures. Well laid out and easy to follow. A good start to gluten free cooking and my 7 year old can cook with me.
on 8 June 2014
Prompt delivery - great book - daughter loves it. Have made quite a few of the recipes and we particularly like the fairy cakes.
on 21 February 2013
excellent book explains in detail what you need and where to get it from, have tried quite a few recipes from this.
on 16 April 2014
Tried a few recipes all ready, really easy and the family love them. would recommend this book to anyone :)
on 21 October 2014
very useful for mother of Type 1 diabetes little girl, will make her life a lot easier I am glad to say
on 6 July 2014
Wonderful recipes.
on 27 July 2015
good read
on 18 June 2013
I bought this book thinking that there would be more dairy and gluten free options but unfortunately for me almost everything includes dairy. There are some good recipes.