5.0 out of 5 stars A great baking book which is really going to challenge me....
I had a real sense of anticipation when I started to flick through The Boy Who Bakes, everything is so appealing and tasty. I was pretty desperate to get started and went out straight away to buy some ingredients. Kimber doesn't appear to be interested in what the current baking trends are. There's only a couple of cupcake recipes here and I got the distinct impression...
Published on 8 Sep 2011 by LouiseReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars An odd assemblage of recipes
Based on other reviews I was really looking forward to an excellent baking book. On first looking through it I wasn't that impressed though. The inclusion of five recipes for ice cream struck me as odd as I don't consider ice cream as baking and I don't want to make ice cream. French toast, ice cream sundae, pannacotta, chocolate mousse - do these belong in a baking...
Published 20 months ago by B. Montford

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 5 Aug 2013
Jess (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
This was such a refreshing recipe book. I've been so tired of fluffy pastel pink recipe books, and the stark teal of this book's spine stands out beautifully against the pinks. The recipes inside are wonderful, too! Lots of interesting and new twists on classic recipes. I've ordered Edd's celebration cake book, too, due to being so impressed with this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing for my grandson., 27 Dec 2012
J. French (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
Very good book for the budding chef. Lots of good things for a young person to make clearly described and illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
This is a FABULOUS joke with anything for absolutely everyone. It really is quite amazing that a man so young can produce something so professional and can relate to the reader. Recipes include;
-Tiramisu Cupcakes
-PB + J Bars
-Ultimate Chocolate Cake
-Caramel and Cinnamon Cake
-Chocolate Chestnut Torte
-Banana Cream Pie

This book has all the simplicity of Nigel Slater and the charm of Nigella. Both with an added dash of originality from Edd's memories and experiences. This is a must buy and everything I've tried has come out perfectly. If you have one cookbook on your christmas list, put this on it!

4.0 out of 5 stars The boy who bakes, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
This book was a joy to look at and whet your appetite - I really enjoyed making the hot cross buns I'd seen in the waitrose magazine made by this young man and so I had to have his book and am now looking to getting stuck into my baking again. This book was ordered and delivered within a matter of days - excellent service!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
Pleased with this a good buy which arrived quickly

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
This book is awsome! No basic here, this is a book for people who adore deserts and sweet things and want to push for fresh and exciting twists to old classics. Beautifully illustrated, this book is guartanteed to get the gutsy among us very excited indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug 2014
Faye Ellen Brumpton "Bushbaby" (Middlesex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
Home baking just got better!

5.0 out of 5 stars So much baking to do and so little time., 2 Jan 2012
Mrs. S. Branch (Beckenham, Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
As an avid viewer of the Great British Bake Off, I was waiting for this book which was released by 2010's worthy winner. It is full of wonderful takes on some standard and some new recipes, and I will be steadily working my way through. The Red Velvet recipe is already a family favourite.
I enjoyed it so much that I was inspired to purchase it for my nephew for Christmas. He is interested in cooking and asked me about the Red Velvet recipe earlier in the year. He was delighted when he opened it, and I am sure we will be asking each other which recipes we have made and comparing notes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
I had this book on my Amazon Wishlist and I was lucky enough to receive is at as a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law. I didn't see the Great British Bake Off but have a thing about cookbooks and this one had good reviews which is why I added it to my Wishlist.

From the moment I opened the present, we (me and the family) were eyeing up all the cakes, but more specifically, the Red Velvet Cake. I went for it last night and made it for the dessert of our New Years Eve party, I have to say it was fantastic. My husband and I were discussing the possibility that it could be one of the best cakes I have ever made, and I have made a few! It was very well received by the other family members too.

I cannot wait to try more recipes out of the book. The recipes are easy to follow and are not over-complicated with too many ingredients. There are lots of nice pictures. The only problem I have is that I am supposed to be dieting so shouldn't be eating cakes like this!

Thanks Edd for making a lovely book. Look forward to the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
THIS BOOK DELIVERED EVERYTHING IT PROMISED. LOVELY PICTURES, EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND SCRUMPTIOUS CAKES AND BAKES TO TRY. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK?

The Boy Who Bakes
The Boy Who Bakes by Edd Kimber (Hardcover - 8 Sep 2011)
9.00