‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, delicious, effective., 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: Kitchen & Co: Colourful Home Cooking Through The Seasons (Paperback)
I was so pleased when I spotted these girls had done a book, because I've followed their blog for a while and always loved the seasonal recipes. This book doesn't disappoint; recipes cover everything from comforting soups and risottos to more impressive dishes to cook for friends. It's beautifully laid out and the tone is warm and involving. I really did feel like I was cooking from a friend's recipe book, and it's perfect for lazy weekends when you want to cook something simple and filling. A book for providing a bit of inspiration when you've regular ingredients, and one that recognises not everyone wants to do complicated or difficult. Lovely. Can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars From the Salad Club, 10 Sep 2012
I never made it to The Salad Club, but heard good things about Rosie French and Ellie Grace's cooking. They're now called French & Grace and have a great place within that food mecca at Brixton Market. This book, with recipes arranged seasonly, is a mix of eastern and mediterranean dishes. They say they like to 'cook' in winter and 'assemble' food in summer.
None of the recipes are complicated, ingredients widely available and the photos look natural and tempting.
I'm not the only one to love this book in my family, others use it constantly too, meaning I can put my feet up and enjoy a glass of wine while waiting for a delicious supper.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a beautiful, delicious cookbook this is lifestyle cooking at its finest, 10 Jun 2012
It is very rare - actually a first in fact - that I can turn the pages of a cookery book and want to cook every single dish. This absolutely stunning book, styled to perfection, is an absolute must for anyone stepping foot inside a kitchen. The tone makes you feel like you are learning from a friend, with little amusing asides and suggestions that create the impression that there are three of you cooking together in the kitchen. The recipes are easy to follow yet produce sophisticated results. I don't want to compare to other cookery books because this is a unique style but it has the simplicity of Jamie yet with a showering of sparkle and just so much taste. I have never had so many compliments about my cooking. I also enjoy their emphasis on sourcing local and fresh produce, it's a gentle reminder for me to think about food in the context of community and the environment. Practically it is well thought out too, as it has a page holder flap on the front and back cover - very useful when jumping between recipes. It even feels luxurious, the pages are soft and velvety to touch. I'm pretty sure my cooking ability has improved over the past few weeks of reading Kitchen & Co too. So I suggest to anyone interested in cooking or not, buy this book, read it over breakfast each day and let French & Grace inspire your culinary talents to new heights.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST COOK BOOK EVER, 7 April 2013
My son gave me this book for Christmas and I haven't stopped cooking from it! Every recipe I've done has worked
brilliantly and I've done about 8 so far and some twice!!

I've recommended this book to so many friends and they've gone out and bought it and cooked immediately from it!

I've bought extra copies to give my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouthwatering and inspiring recipes, 12 Jun 2012
I'm a slightly nervous cook who tends to stick to fairly safe and tasteless dishes; I think KITCHEN & CO may just have changed my life. It's a beautiful book in itself: gorgeous photography and a lovely feel to the pages, there's none of the off-putting gloss of celebrity chefs' titles. And the recipes: oh boy, the recipes. They're arranged by season, but with the summer weather as dreary as it is, I've been trying out some of the heartening dishes from the autumn menu - the sweet pumpkin curry, the lamb and squash stew - and they've all been delicious. The recipes talk you through the process in a very friendly, approachable way that encourages you to trust your own tastes and have fun in the kitchen - I felt inspired! There are loads of recipes I want to try next, and I'll also have to visit the restaurant the two authors run sometime.

A wonderful addition to any kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple AND delicious, 20 July 2012
Before being given this book as a present, I was cooking a lot from recipe books written by chefs - the duo behind Kitchen & Co are professional cooks too but the simplicity of the recipes I've tried here so far have been a breath of fresh air, in comparison. The recipes are simpler, but most importantly, just as delicious - if not more so! The methods short enough to be easily memorisable, and the ingredients lists are equally achievable - they might not seen particularly short at first glance but where I've added things to my store cupboard, I have found myself going back again and again, continuing to use them. I've also made a couple of recipes without the full list of ingredients too, and they've still worked brilliantly. An incredibly useful and inspiring book to have in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmmmmm....., 12 Jun 2012
just received my copy and it is truly a wonderful work of passion. stunning photos, beautifully laid out with incredible looking food. the dishes are all imaginative using delicious ingredients, and made for anyone to cook. i can't wait to get started in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I want in a cook book, 11 Jun 2012
I love cookery books... I read them like novels, sat in bed with a cup of tea! A good cookery book must feel as good as it looks. I admit i am not a fan of paperback cookery books. As a messy cook they need to be able to withstand a spillage or two. I was pleased to find that Kitchen & Co, despite being a paperback, is bound with a lovely thick yellow spine and the paper is a pleasingly heavy weight and feels pretty wine proof.

I am also not an organised cook and often start using a recipe and then make up the rest half way through depending on what I have forgotten to buy.. All the recipes in this book allow for a bit of freestyling which i love.. the images are beautiful and inspiring. I am looking forward to testing out the prune and brandy chocolate cake for a friends b'day this week.

The perfect present for foodie friend..

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book containing beautiful recipes, 9 Dec 2013
Seasonal, yet out-of-the-ordinary dishes for a kitchen - and larder - in need of some warmth and energy. chicken with harissa and cilantro is my personal favourite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful down-to-Earth cooking, 15 May 2013
Full of lovely photoes and great recipes. And I can highly recommend their small cafe "French & Grace" in Brixton Market.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Kitchen & Co: Colourful Home Cooking Through The Seasons
Kitchen & Co: Colourful Home Cooking Through The Seasons by Rosie French (Paperback - 23 May 2012)