5.0 out of 5 stars Good for understanding breath control
Brought this book afetr a friend recomended it to me . I suffer from asthma, exercise most days and I sing in amature shows this is a great book for understanding about breath control and how it affects your body for all kinds of situations and afflictions.
Published 18 months ago by Jules

3.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional breathing
Good book, bit short on practical advice. More focused on relaxation techniques than any thing else. Her other books on hyperventilation are so similar it is not necessary to buy all of them.
Published 4 months ago by Ann Teale

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for understanding breath control, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hyperventilation Syndrome: Breathing Pattern Disorders and How to Overcome Them (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible to all, 28 Oct 2014
I work with people with dizziness who often have associated anxiety and hyperventilation problems and I bought myself a copy of this book on the recommendation of a colleague. It's easy to read and not too long as to be off putting.

I gave a copy to a couple of my patients for their opinion and both found it invaluable, with the biggest benefit reading about other people's experiences and realising they're not 'freaks'. I now recommend this book to other patients as part of their rehab programme, without forcing it upon them. Many are appreciative of any support I can offer and will buy/borrow a copy, generally giving me positive feedback.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional breathing, 4 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit if an eye opener, 13 Jun 2014
Interesting book with good background description, not too wordy and nice tips. Best info in there was about the addictive nature of hyper ventilating.

4.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 15 Oct 2013
This little book has been a big help over the years and so many people don't even know this syndrome exists'!
Smartly written and all the tools you need to overcome breathing problems and I still refer to it even now years after first buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 6 Feb 2013
Easy to read and understand. Many many people will continue to benefit greatly from the knowledge in this book. Breathing is at the heart of everything we are and do.. This is essential reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find., 4 Feb 2013
Great Book for those looking for answers to very common problems. It was easy to read and understand written in lay man's terms. Lots of practical and very good advice. I think anyone with breathing problems should buy this and get an insight into the causes. A marvellous book which I would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 17 Jan 2012
this book helped me to gather my thoughts about my (mild) asthma and I have found that breathing through the nose in cold weather a great help. Worth it for this alone for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me no end!, 19 May 2012
I suffered a case of bronchitis for a month. After it cleared up I still felt unable to catch my breath and thought I must be seriously ill. This all happened whilst I was in New Zealand on a working holiday. After a couple of months feeling like this my GP referred me to Dinah Bradley, the author of this book. The advice she gave me was brilliant and I realised that my breathing pattern had been knocked out of sync.

Rather than not being able to get enough air I was actually hyperventilating!! It really did not feel like that though!

I bought the book after seeing Dinah to ensure I had reference if I relapsed. It has all the information and guidance she gave me and way more too.

The stories form other patients are great as one of them will be similar to the position you find yourself in - very reassuring.

I paid a lot more than £5 for this book in New Zealand and it was worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 16 Sep 2014
Good book to read, good information and easy to understand

Hyperventilation Syndrome: Breathing Pattern Disorders and How to Overcome Them