Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 15 December 2014
This book is great and has a large selection of recipes that you are going to love.
i really like this book. I originally got it for mum but after flicking through it i just had to get one for my self too.
on 6 November 2015
This is one of my favourite recipe books! I have bought this for friends and family as gifts because every recipe I have tried works and is delicious. Love it and cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 16 August 2013
Best baking book ever! Well written and recipes work, lots of additional advise given clearly explained. You wont need to buy any other baking book once you own this one.
on 25 July 2015
Bought a copy after borrowing it from the library. The recipes don't need a big mixer only a food processor such as a Magimix. Recommend the Mollasses Ginger Squares
on 29 November 2013
This is a really good baking book. Thoroughly illustrated (final product only), and well explained step by step, this book has revolutionized my usual baking as it introduced me to new ingredients (how did I ever not hear of Nestle Caramel before?) and combinations (mascarpone and apricot, of course!) Really reliable recipes and gorgeously delicious results. The price was good too.
on 3 January 2015
I purchased this book for a friend as I already had this,and was highly delighted with it,and I got this one at a great price,and in perfect condition.
on 24 July 2013
I have lots of cookery books but when somebody showed me their copy, I had to get my own and it's fabulous! Great recipes and great results every time!
on 13 December 2013
Fab book! Will use again and again! The recipes do require groung almond and iv looked everywhere for them. Will grind my own. Definitely worth it!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2013
Great book, great new ideas, extremely yummy recipes. 10/10 :-) yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum
on 15 March 2013
I've just cooked the Grasmere Gingerbread recipe and wasted a lot of money on the ingredients because the recipe cites 25g of flour when it should be 225g, giving an inedible result. The "TIP" for the same recipe, which involves grating butter, is given under the flour listing rather than the butter - another mistake. It says to freeze the butter as a block but then in the body of the recipe tells you to "coarsely grate the butter onto a plate a quarter at a time". A quarter at a time presumably so that the rest of the block doesn't soften in your hand in the process? But ever tried quartering a solid block of butter? A very hazardous experience. You're then told you should be "scattering each batch over the dry ingredients and deftly tossing it in - the butter will return to room temperature in no time so you need to do this with care to avoid it sticking into lumps". Deftly?! More completely impractical advice - ever tried grating butter at speed? Wellnigh impossible - the whole thing ended in one almighty mess and I nearly lost a finger after reverting to just hacking up the remaining chunks of butter. My three-year-old son, a keen baker, by this point semi-traumatised, had meanwhile left the kitchen, probably put off gingerbread for life. My last gripe, comparatively minor but still something which in retrospect would have put me off buying the book, concerns the typeface: looks great when you're reading it on the sofa over a coffee but in the real-time space of the kitchen the text of each recipe is way too small and is given in blocks which makes it even more difficult to read. Half of each page is tastefully placed empty space - but why not allocate more space for the text? If you're a baker and want people to bake happily from your book, that is.
77 comments12 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse