5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book
Got all of the clean and lean diet books, definitely worth a look, have been on the diet for just under a year and have lost 2 and half stone, its not a diet its a change of lifestyle.
Published on 9 Jan. 2012 by V. Simpson

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new
I have the other books by James Duigan and I haven't found anything new in this cookbook. I am disappointed!
Published 15 months ago by ready for changes

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan (Clean & Lean Series) (Paperback)
this is a replacement book for my original one i lent someone, who never returned it! i love the James Duigan approach to healthy eating and this is for anyone who wants to change their eating habits for life instead of just going on a quick fix diet. his approach works and you will feel great with the added bonus of a streamlined, healthy, fit body.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 20 Sept. 2014
bought by my husband who is always doing a different diet - he's still over weight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever, 14 May 2012
I bought this book after seeing it advertised in a magazine. I have really noticed the difference in how i feel and look eating differently. Not all the recipes' are to my taste but i adapted the ones i like to my lifestyle and have changed the way i deal with food. Definitely helps with bloating and the meals make you full.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Mind, Healthy Body, 25 Oct. 2013
I didn't follow this diet initially to lose weight but to lead a healthier lifestyle after feeling run down and miserable! But this is a beautiful book to look at and I think James knows his stuff because after having followed the principles and hanging onto every word in an effort to feel better, it helped me tremendously and although I would not advocate this book instead of seeking medical advice, it suited me perfectly.

Prior to this, I had never followed a 'diet', but I just knew that food affects our mood and therefore our overall physical and mental health, and it was because of this that I took the information James has to offer above anything else with gusto.

I'm still not sure about chicken or steak for breakfast but the basic idea is there; it's up to you what you do with the information offered. Personally I prefer smoked salmon and scrambled eggs or a bowl of porridge and pinch of cinnamon! Sometimes I think it's easy to forget what we should be eating and how much when there is so much in supermarkets and confectionary at every till point, and it's nice to be able to dip in and out of this book arming myself with fresh ideas and recipes when I need it.

I can honestly say that without stripping my diet of processed food laden with sugar and toxic chemicals I wouldn't have been able to get through the dark spell on my own, so personally this is still the only book I would ever follow for a healthy mind and body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipies for healthy living, 31 Aug. 2012
This is my second copy of this book I have bought now which I have given to a friend. The recipeis are very simple and quick to do, the ingredients are easily to find in any supermarket. The recipies are unique and simply delicious. I throughly recommend to anyone who wishes to eat well but healthily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make perfect sense, 27 Feb. 2014
Make perfect sense to me just have to put it into practice starting today.But I wish this book and books like it came out years ago I would of been on the right track by now .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great informative read., 25 Jan. 2014
Love this book, really has helped to change my attitude to food and has encouraged me to make more positive steps to improve my overall wellbeing and happiness.

4.0 out of 5 stars The diet that makes sense, 3 Jan. 2014
James Duigan is totally inspiraitional. This book is more about a food and exercise lifestyle than a 'diet'. Full of good advice on eating better especially with regard to organic and pure food - feel so much healthier after following James' advice - it becomes a way of life with no going back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean and Lean diet James Duigan WHAT A TREAT, 28 April 2012
This book is amazing. The recipes are wonderful and easy to follow, this is not so much as a diet than a healthy way of eating whilst enjoying your food. Beautiful ingredients and seasoning which creates a real Med or aussie way of cooking for health and pleasure. Thanks James!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but could've been better, 24 Sept. 2012
red0209 (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I bought this book because I wanted some new healthy recipe ideas. After all the cover states 'Clean & Lean recipes keep my body in amazing shape' (Elle Macpherson) and it also mentions a 14-day menu plan. Sadly too much space is wasted in the book with pointless things such as photographs of occasionally Mr Duigan himself but mostly Mrs Duigan, usually in a bikini (wasn't it enough to put one of these photographs on the cover?). It's a bit like get rich quick schemes that feature photographs of people stood outside huge houses or driving sports cars. You need to put more effort into telling people how to achieve success rather than exhibiting the results of that success. Good marketing I suppose but the cover photograph would've been sufficient without flooding the book with more of them.

Most of the breakfast recipes are pointless or pretty obvious; if the recipe is called Hugh Grant's Poached Eggs with Asparagus and Parmesan and the ingredients are eggs, asparagus, Parmesan, salt, pepper and olive oil, I think anyone could probably work out what to do. That's without mentioning the needless celebrity name dropping that is a constant throughout the book. Does it really need to be Hugh Grant's Poached Eggs? The 14-day menu plan is a bit pointless also as it just lists most of the recipes throughout the book alternated over 14 days, without any other great revelations. The 'bad, better, best' guides throughout the book are mostly obvious also; for example Fish and chips/Fried fish without batter/Grilled fish with salad. Chapter 8, Clean and Lean Smoothies, could have been a very useful summary of the best smoothies, but instead is one big advertisement for Bodyism supplements, which feature in nearly all of the recipes. Can you not make smoothies with entirely natural ingredients?

Having said all of this, I think the book has a lot of good points. The main one being that there are quite a few interesting lunch and dinner recipes. I've tried a handful of them and can say that they all work well. Some of the food photography is very good, although typically throughout the book there are two recipes per page and the opposite page has a photograph of just one item at most. I know that some people like to see a photograph of what they're working towards when cooking something new, although personally I think that most of the recipes in the book are simple enough not to require this. The top tips scattered throughout the book and the general information in each chapter is all good, solid information but if you are already aware of what you should and shouldn't be eating, most of the tips and information will be things you've heard before. If you're new to the healthy style of eating promoted within this book, you'll likely find the tips and information very useful.

All in all, it's a decent book with a lot of good points, but it could've been better if there has been more focus on providing good, interesting recipes, and less focus on glossy photographs serving little purpose or promoting a particular brand of supplements.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan (Clean & Lean Series)