being a fan of the movie and the original oomic, this edition is beautifull set up the white cover, and a lot of extra pages which brings more depth to the story.
Published on 12 Dec 2011 by Napalm_trickster

1.0 out of 5 stars Never arrived :(
I am sure that this is pretty awesome as other reviews say. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the graphic novel as I have not yet received it. I placed the order with amazon on the 5th January, it was part of a birthday present for my boyfriend on the 29th January. Checked the estimated delivery date, which showed that it would arrive in plenty of time.
After the...
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars the crow original comic artists cut (cant call it directors cut), 12 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
its good for old and new fans, i think its a beautiful but violent comic, it portrays the tortured charactor of eric dravern, with loads of poetic verses which is strange to find in such a violent story. but it makes it more dramatic and though provoking. to anyone new to the crow. the comic came out of grief, the artist/creater jo o'barr wife was killed, and the crow was born,
so do you really need to buy it if you own the original version?
i kind of struggled with that, is it worth it paying cash for something you already have? in my opinion yes. this is what it was meant to be like, but got cut for various reasons length money. so this new version is actually what the comic should have been when it was first published.
i really love this comic i would go on tour just to promote it :)
buy it.... read it.... love it.....

5.0 out of 5 stars A dark classic, 15 April 2013
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
I used to be an avid comic/graphic novel reader and have been getting back into them lately, and there are three that I remember as being my favourites: Frank Miller's Sin city books, the Wolverine story by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont, and James' O'Barr's "The Crow". An absolutely beautiful book, both art and story. This updated version, featuring pages never before released, is an amazing way to reintroduce yourself to the haunting tale of revenge and loss. I highly recommend this for anyone interested in graphic novels, or anyone looking for a great story in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 July 2012
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
Brilliant comic, excellent story. The extra pages make a great difference. It is a must have for any fan of The Crow. For anyone unfamiliar with The Crow it's a great book. If this version is your first experience of the comic then I can't think of a better way to be introduced than reading it the way the author originally intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and gripping, 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
I read this after seeing the 1994 film and even though both roughly follow the same plot, they do differ in many ways. The graphic novel is much darker and there is more character development and detail. This is a must read for anyone with an interest in gothic storytelling. Certainly if you loved the film, you'll love this.

The copy itself is wonderfully presented with a quality finish. I would recommend buying this particular edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gothic masterpiece, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
Incredible. We watched the films years ago and loved them. Then last summer we had the privilege of meeting James O'Barr at Cardiff's Comic Con. It was his first UK appearance. We were gutted we didn't have time to buy the graphic novel for him to sign. He was a truly lovely guy. But we finally got round to buying The Crow and we weren't disappointed.

James's new introduction at the start is heartbreaking. His pain of losing his own Shelley is clearly evident in his writing and drawings. His prose is evocative, beautiful, gothic. His drawings are amazing. We haven't read many graphic novels, but this is something different. It has everything a gothic story needs - the pain of lost love, a dark, rainy urban setting, a crow and a tortured hero in the form of Eric Draven who returns from the dead to avenge the murder of his girlfriend, Shelley.

We liked that there was more prose in The Crow than you would normally find in a graphic novel. The drawings told the story without using words. We read this quickly because we loved it so much, yet we didn't want it to end. Eric's agony is dark and raw and incredibly real. From watching the films, we already knew the storyline and how it ends but that didn't spoil it. Certain elements of the films are different. Anyone who is a fan of gothic fiction or graphic novels should definitely read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
The crow in my opinion is the best graphic novel I have ever read. I couldn't put this book down until it was finished.if you are looking for a standalone graphic novel to read please buy the crow it deserves to be read

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely special edition, 3 Aug 2013
Marta (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
This was bought as a gift for my brother and I think he'll love it. The book is very good quality, the art work is brilliant as well and the story is a classic. Perfect present for fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
The Crow is a great story. I loved the film years ago and after I read the comic I must say it's even more cruel (and much better) than the film. Eric's story is so sad that is hard to imagine being in that situation, but O'Barr makes a great plot that didn't disappointed me one bit. Also, this edition with more pages makes the story even more complete, I liked them. If I had to say anything bad about this edition, I'd say that I'd like it more if it was hard-cover, but I can't say anything bad about the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely edition of a great comic, 16 July 2012
Seraph (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
I bought this for a gift and was really impressed. Lovely cover, with a nice, luxurious textured feel to it.

I didn't read the extra ending, but had a flick through. I did note that there didn't seem to be any extra artwork at the back, just the same plates that were in the original. So don't expect any sp. ed art.

If you don't own The Crow already, it's well worth a purchase. It's the ultimate goth, angst story. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Crow: Special Edition (Paperback)
Fantastic version of a great story.Already got it twice over but the wife loved it for her birthday

The Crow: Special Edition
The Crow: Special Edition by James O'Barr (Paperback - 26 July 2011)