Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 May 2012
I first bought Kylie's `I Should Be So Lucky' on 7" vinyl in my local Woolworths in early 1988 and I've been in love with her ever since. I've bought virtually all her singles and CDs, and been fortunate enough to attend nearly all of her UK tours. I was really looking forward to Simon Sheridan's updated Kylie encyclopaedia ever since it was first announced at the start of the year. From the beautiful cover showing Kylie emerging from a giant shell during her `Aphrodite - Les Folies' tour (I was there at Manchester!!) Sheridan has compiled everything Kylie has ever done from her first acting juvenile appearances right through to the present day. I thought I knew Kylie, but I've discovered loads of new stuff and it's all presented chronologically so you can trace her career year by year. There are sections on each of her singles and albums (all with corresponding artwork reproduced), cinema posters, calendars, tour programme covers, plus loads of magazine covers and four full-colour sections (my fave photo being Kylie on stage during the `Money Can't Buy' concert in 2003). In the introduction Kylie mentioned not having a CV of her own. Well, she doesn't need one - she just has to read `The Complete Kylie' - it's got everything in it! Highly recommended if you're a fan.
on 31 May 2012
Quite simply... "Wow-Wow-Wow-Wow!"

This is by far the best unauthorised Kylie book I've read, focussing entirely on her amazing and varied career, and not dwelling on the usual contrived hearsay and gossip regarding her personal life. All bases are covered in this chunky, fact-filled book - Kylie's acting roles, her recording career, performing on stage, even her perfume range. Along with reviews of all of her output (films, television series, albums, singles and concert tours) there's lots of extremely detailed information about how Kylie's career has progressed, the people she's worked plus chart positions, release dates and full credits.

Quite how another mean-spirited reviewer was able to give this book just two stars is baffling. (What more does she want! She obviously wasn't reading the same book as me.) There are illustrations on nearly every page, in addition to plenty of great, rare colour shots of Kylie on stage. Plus Simon Sheridan's research is not to be faulted - not one aspect of Kylie's professional life has been left out. The Daily Mail called him "a tireless historian" and I see why. Nothing is left out, it's all here (even a couple of Kylie films and overseas single releases I had no idea about). The book is deservedly called `The Complete Kylie' and in Kylie's 25th anniversary year I can't imagine a more joyful, exhaustive and enthusiastic book on her life and achievements. I bet even Kylie keeps a copy of this by her bedside, I certainly will be.
on 3 June 2012
As a die-hard Kylie fan for the last 25 years, I didn't think there'd be much in this book that I didn't already know, but thought that it'd be an interesting reminisce nonetheless. I was wrong about the first part.
Simon Sheridan knows his Kylie! And he has clearly done his homework. What is also apparent is that he has a real love and respect for his subject - but without a blind sycophancy that renders all praise moot. The facts, figures, history and back stories are interesting enough to stand alone, but the whole thing is personalised by his own insightful critiques which range from heart-warmingly fond to damn funny!
I learned facts about the singles and albums I've loved for years, and read about TV appearances and publications I never even knew of. And there are pictures to accompany every entry - from official artwork and record sleeves to more candid shots and rarer magazine covers. (I'm bemused by the first reviewer on here - was she expecting a glossy coffee table artbook? [And God knows Kylie has provided us with enough of those herself over the years - as documented in here!] The printing and paper in this hardback is perfectly adequate and the plentiful images enhance the text beautifully.)
In short, whether you are a loyal fan from day one or just a casual admirer, this book will fascinate and inform you. It is the perfect chronological commentary for a fascinating career of highs and lows, focusing respectfully on the product and creative output of the past 25 years rather than the salascious, rumoured or downright irrelevant.
I loved it!
on 30 May 2012
The Complete Kylie is a glorious celebration of Kylie's professional work to date, lovingly produced, with great attention to detail and with an obvious passion for the subject. This 25th Anniversary Edition is superbly put together - taking a leaf from Kylie herself! - and has been significantly expanded and updated. A wonderfully encyclopedic collection of facts, figures and features. Kylie fans wouldn't change a thing!
on 11 June 2012
Anyone that is really a kylie fan will enjoy this latest 25th Anniversary edition from her time in neighbours,pop career you'll find the book an interesting insight into one of the best female singers over the years.Realise how hard she works to ensure her concerts are enjoyed so much by her fans.
on 29 May 2012
Absolutely loved this new book - I've been dipping in and out of it all weekend! The expanded 'Complete Kylie' is 330 pages of everything she's ever done - and just like Kylie it's compact, good-looking and full of fun! Kylie's currently celebrating her 25 years in pop, and 'The Complete Kylie' contains all her career-defining moments. The author has managed to bring together all aspects of her professional life - from her young debut in long-forgotten soap opera 'Skyways' in 1979, through to 'Neighbours', her unpredictable film career, all her singles, albums, concerts, TV specials - right up to her smash hit 'Aphrodite - Les Folies' tour at the end of last year. (The book came out the same day as her new song 'Timebomb', so I expect to see that in the next edition!) The book also has an appendix including all Kylie's rare singles and compilation albums. This is 'THE' Kylie encyclopedia - you won't find more comprehensive information about her anywhere else.
on 13 June 2012
Yet again Sheridan has produced another excellently written and meticulously researched book to delight Kylie fans world wide. Its hard to believe this book is unofficial, the superbly detailed information on one of pop musics greatest icons and her long and varied career is mind boggling. The dedication to his subject is commendable and heart felt. The complete Kylie 25th Anniversary Edition is essentially the ultimate scrap book of Kylies career and is beautifully designed- the Aphrodite cover is stunning and there are lots of colour picures inside and pretty much pictures on every page! One of the things I most admire about Sheridans books is his refusal to include solacious gossip. He has a rare respect for his subject matter and his style of writing is often humorous and always warm and personable. This is a gem and any self respecting 'popular culture' book shelf would be enhanced by its inclusion. Superb!
on 6 March 2014
Practically everything you wanted to know about all her music, a good read , I'm starting to get a little obsessed with this great lady of pop
on 12 February 2014
This really is the definitive guide to Kylie's career, it covers absolutely everything in-depth, as well as having a ton of great pics.
on 7 July 2013
I would recommend item was a good purchased that I made at the time many thanks for the order that I received