4.0 out of 5 stars More Bloody Fun!,, 15 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Hellbent (Cheshire Red Reports 2) (Paperback)
HELLBENT is the second installment in the Raylene Pendle series. Magic is brought into this story as our favorite Vamp heroine tries to keep Ian safe while making a buck on the side for Horace. I won't say more, because for me, half the pleasure of this book was watching the strangeness unfold. But suffice it to say that trouble lurks in every chapter.

Impressions:
I almost gave HELLBENT 3 Stars, but Raylene is just too much fun to diss.

The reason the book didn't strike me as strong as Bloodshot (which I gave 5 Stars: Bloodshot: 1 (Cheshire Red Reports 1)) was that I actually thought it dragged in places, and some of the dialog struck me as 'filler material' that didn't move the story along. In addition I thought the tone lacked some of the serious edge of the first book. There wasn't any character development and not much of the dark overtones that made the first book more ominous and worth that extra star.

In general though there was action, swearing, humor, more swearing, and fun on every page. Which makes the book worth reading even if it isn't going to do anything to increase your IQ or vocabulary.

Enjoy.

Pam T~

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit, 27 Jun. 2013
Everything Cherie Priest writes that I have read, grabs you from the first and retains that interest throughout the book. Unlike some books, I have never considered not finishing one of her books. Great story, novel and believable characters, and leaves you wanting to know more. Want the books to continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 22 July 2013
I just want there to be another sequal. Love the book n the dramas . A perfect follow up to the first book. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it. Just wish she would write another one, 26 Oct. 2014
Loved it.Just wish she would write another one.

Hellbent (Cheshire Red Reports 2)
Hellbent (Cheshire Red Reports 2) by Cherie Priest (Paperback - 9 Sept. 2011)