4.0 out of 5 stars Blood, Sex and Terror
Published 12 months ago by Mr. Mice Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Well drawn and a whole lot of fun
Having watched the film first, this is pretty much what you would expect except for a couple of notable plot differences. This is a vividly illustrated, intensely violent twist on the standard super hero story, with a young comic book fan wearing a costume and making his own alter-ego to fight injustice.

As with the film, the swearing, slashing Hit Girl steals...
Published 20 months ago by Culture Vulture

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood, Sex and Terror, 17 July 2013
Mr. Mice Guy (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
I lied about the sex, but there's plenty of blood and terror. I picked up the collected edition of this comic book in my local library, having seen the film a couple of years ago. I have been reading comics since the early 1960s, so I am not just a casual browser of comics, but I never felt a great need to read this one before, which probably does make me a casual browser today. The basic story is that one day, a comic nerd asks the question - why has no one tried to be a super-hero before? So he buys himself a costume off of EBay and goes out into the night to be a vigilante, quickly ending up in hospital. Outfitted with metal plates in his head, and a deadened sense of pain, he has another, more successful go, and ends up as a You-tube sensation. Seeking to help out a young lady with a stalker ex-boyfriend, he is witness to a visitation from Hit-Girl, another, but more serious vigilante, who, with her crime-fighting partner, Big Daddy, is destroying a drug baron's network. Anyway, traps are laid, heroes are captured and tortured, rescues are effected, and revenges are had. You've seen the film, you know the body count.

The comic book had a different target audience than the film, and so the more extreme comic-related references were toned down in the film, as was the graphic violence - no entrails or brains flying about if you want a `15' rating, and Big Daddy does not look like Batman in the comic, though he does look like Nicholas Cage... And the comic version is probably more `grounded' in reality, though the comic is a good comic story, and the film is a good action/adventure/ superhero film. By comparing the two, you can probably draw a good lesson in how a story works best when told in two different media, and how different elements should be expanded or edited to suit the different requirements of said media; unlike Watchmen, for instance, where they tried to follow the comic faithfully, only making tiny adjustments which - to me - changed Rorschach's character and motivation.

Anyway, this is an entertaining comic book if you like well-told graphically violent comic books, as well as if you enjoyed the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars better then the film, 11 Nov 2013
ash (Surrey, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
i like the art, detail and how it is coloured no black and white so u can see the mess of blood. the comic seem more violence compare to the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strangely not as good as the movie., 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
I don't know why, but I prefer the movie over this.
It's still a great book don't get me wrong, but I still prefer the movie.
It's just more fun.

Saying that however, the second book is better than the second movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!!, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
i really enjoyed this book and even more so than the movie. just wish i got this befor seeing the movie

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 11 July 2014
Jacki Stephen - See all my reviews
Hello ? Hit girl. Happy now

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick Ass Comic Book, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this and can see the comparisons between this book and the film. I watched the film before purchasing this book and I have to say, I do like both a lot. Also the graphics are amazing and well executed.

I like the story of Kick Ass as he is just a normal, average kid who is not born with super powers or has an accident in gaining them but learns to be his own super hero with his abilities. I won't say no more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and violent!, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
This graphic novel gets 5 stars because it happens to be a exactly as I expected. It's got a very original storyline which is slightly different to the movie but still great. There is a crazy amount of strong language and I thought the violence is more extreme than the movies but that's not a bad thing. Definitely for adults and not for kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Comic for Comic Book fans, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
This is probably one of the best Graphic Novels I've read, its funny, dark, violent and smart: Everything you could want. Even if you have seen the film and think 'There is no point in reading the book' do it, in my opinion seeing the film first made the book better because of how different they are with story point. The 16 extra pages and a nice addition so I was happy to pay extra for it, although it is just artwork it is still very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars only prob to much swearing,!,!,!,!,,,,,,,,, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
Amazing comic. action packed nude violence murder blood and gore.18 plus.Hit girl kills to much!,!,,,!,I found it really enjoyable.It was my kind da comic book.It was really shocking.I did not expect ladies knokers.Omly see it 2 times.The story was great too. Uh swearing.It came in 2 days.I think they made hit girl too young to kill someone by chopping their head in half!

I found it so interesting I could not put the comic book down.It shows how in real life you can get hurt being a superhero.

this comic 18 plus .even though it is brilliant.PARENTAL GUiDence but kids should not read it.They will be disturbed because it is gory and bloody

4.0 out of 5 stars Kick-Ass Book, 23 Jan 2013
M. Dignum "diggers47" (Braintree, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) (Paperback)
Bought this after watching the film and was not disappointed. Great storyline and gives more detail to the characters.Cant wait for the next film.

Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover)
Kick-Ass (Hit Girl Cover) by John Romita Jnr (Paperback - 24 Sep 2010)
9.09