5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted reaction to this latest Pip and Posy from my son, 10 May 2014
K. J. Noyes "Katy Noyes" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pip and Posy: The Scary Monster (Paperback)
We've read the lot in our house. Each offers an element of reassurance about an aspect of life for a child - falling over, losing toys, 'accidents'.

And Axel Scheffler's familiar style is a pleasure to look at, as always.

In this book, Posy gets a fright when a monster comes to the door... But all is soon made clear. My son looked worried for Posy on seeing the monster as absolutely delighted when he realised the truth of the situation. And he's enjoyed it several times since, taking delight in his superior knowledge of the story.

Simple. Effective. Text is short on each page making it a read for a 2 year old or older.

And there's also cooking - Posy is bored on a wet day and bakes some cakes (before the monster appears), and the book also shows ingredients, hand washing, aprons, and kitchen safety through the illustrations and simple story. And friends enjoying the cakes at the end.

My son and I wholeheartedly recommend the Pip and Posy series. They are entertaining whilst being reassuring of the worrying things in a small child's life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahh scary, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Pip and Posy: The Scary Monster (Paperback)
my 2 year old grandson loves all the pip and posy books. they are easy for a small child to understand and can be read over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Pip and Posy: The Scary Monster (Paperback)
I bought this book for my two and a half year old Daughter & she just loves it. She keeps asking to have it read over & over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 19 month old loves it, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Pip and Posy: The Scary Monster (Paperback)
My daughter has enjoyed all the Pip and Posy books but this one is her absolute favourite. She asks for a hug when the monster first comes to the door and is delighted every time Posy realises that it is PIp after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Scary Monster, 21 Dec 2013
This book was the Halloween bedtime story

It was very entertaining and a great bedtime read

the illustrations are great

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this book, 6 Dec 2013
The Pip and Posy books are excellently illustrated with lots of little extra details to look at. This makes reading the stories together very fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by 2 year old., 7 Nov 2013
My two-year old boy loves this book. It's a very easy story with a sentence on each page with beautiful and bright illustrations. My son loves saying, "Raaaah!" when the monster does, so it's a great book to get children interacting while you read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 3 Sep 2013
My 18mth old ADORES this book! The story is simple enough for him (unlike, say, The Gruffalo, which he can't appreciate yet because of words like 'gruffalo' and 'warts' ... Too many words he doesn't understand)

The phrases easy enough for a child his age to understand (e.g.' Posy washed her hands' and my little one mimes washing, 'Careful Posy, its hot!' and he touches the book and gasps ) ...he gets wonderfully engrossed and wants it read over and over - so much so that now I'm ordering the whole series because I'm sick of reading this ten times a day! :)

I especially LOVE the big font and the single sentence per page. I point at words as I read and as there's only one sentence per page (unlike most other books which have 3-5 lines per page), it makes it easy for my LO to associate the words with the sounds and he is even starting to point some out (like 'hot' or 'cry') Albeit limited, this word recognition will be a great help when he gets to the proper 'reading' stage.

I wish there were more books in this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really scary story, grand kids love it!, 16 Aug 2013
All the Pip and Posy books are delightful and this is no exception.
The grand children loved it, when Posy realised Pip was the monster the reaction was superb.
A lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pip book, 28 April 2013
Excellent, my 3 year old is a fan of pip and posy, we now have all 5 books, can't wait for the next edition!

Pip and Posy: The Scary Monster
Pip and Posy: The Scary Monster by Axel Scheffler (Paperback - 4 Aug 2013)