4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, touching and engaging story
This is a delightful, poignant tale of a retired couple, Harold and Maureen, living out their days in Devon, when something happens that will change their future. And it is such a small occurrence on the face of it - a letter arrives for Harold from a former colleague of his at the brewery, Queenie Hennessy. Harold writes a reply, and he sets off down the road to post it...
Published on 5 Jan. 2012 by L. H. Healy

2.0 out of 5 stars Self-consciously quirky
Gosh, this book irritated me. Clearly I have no heart, but I simply don't understand the rave reviews, the Booker Prize nomination, nor the recommendations from a friend who told me it was one of her favourite books from last year. I. Don't. Get. It. It's saccharine sweet, knowingly quirky and then it heaps on a surprise reveal for a tearjerker ending that felt...
Published 19 months ago by Julia Flyte

‹ Previous | 1272 273 274357 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 8 May 2013
I was rooting for Harold to make it. It was an inspiring and uplifting though sad tale. A really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but so moving, 19 Mar. 2013
I have very much enjoyed Harolds journey although my heart has broken a little as his true story unfolded .

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, 17 Mar. 2013
A heart warming and at times deeply moving story that grips your attention from the first page to the last.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, 14 Mar. 2013
Not the sort of book I usually read, a simple story, rather drawn out and difficult to believe it happening

4.0 out of 5 stars It can relate to so many lives and is very honest. I could not put it down as l was urging Harold on l became part of the story, 1 Mar. 2013
I would recommend this to anyone as it is inspiring to any age group
i found myself cheering Harold on

5.0 out of 5 stars A man and his memories., 8 Feb. 2013
A touching and refreshing story of lost and found love. Demonstrates that it is never to late to try again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 1 Dec. 2012
Carole A. Atkinson (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
I read a review of this and it is way more than I expected. My husband is waiting to read it on my Kindle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Riverting, 29 Jan. 2013
Beautifully written, this is an absorbing read (I had to stop myself reading it in one sitting). The oddest thing is that by the end of the book, while I had every sympathy with Harold(of the title) I did not like him. I don't want to go into details and spoil the book for someone else so let me just say that to me, Harold is a sponge - he absorbs what happens to and around him, and like a sponge, he never reacts (apart from the walk or Pilgrimage of the title but even in that towards the end, he reverts to his sponge like quality). I feel bad about not liking Harold but on the other hand take my dislike of him as a tribute to the Authors skill in presenting me with a character I believed in. This book raises many questions about relationships, communication, marriage and so on but for me, in line with my feelings toward the main character, it again raises the nature / nurture debate, something I am really interested in. And that's why I have given this book a 4 start rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry, 7 Mar. 2015
A fantastic tale everyonr should read this book really good fot a book club meeting to discuss over coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 9 Dec. 2014
Really loved this book, felt like I was with Harold every step of the way. Can't wait for Queenies book xx

‹ Previous | 1272 273 274357 | Next ›

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (Hardcover - 15 Mar. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01