4.0 out of 5 stars A friend for my journey

The Nescafe is briilliant, good value, sensible packet size
Travellers of the Heart - Brilliant. will buy more of his books
Published 13 months ago by Mrs Valerie A Thwaites

4.0 out of 5 stars A friend for my journey, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Travellers of the Heart: Exploring New Pathways on Our Spiritual Journey (Paperback)
Just finished this book by Michael Mitton over the weekend. A welcome break from theological tomes. C.S. Lewis said "we read to know we are not alone." I found this book a helpful friend speaking to me on my spiritual journey. It spoke particularity to the journey of the last 2 years. I found I had travelled from different directions to all of the places that Michael had Evangelicalism being my "home county" His chapter on liberalism was very helpful to me at present as I struggle to come to terms with aspects of it in the new country i find myself in. I particularly found the last chapter speaking to some very deep places in me as I spent time in the reflection exercises. A good book for mature Christians who think, can I learn from those who aren't like me and wonder what other tribes have to teach us about God. I recommend it highly...

5.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful and enjoyable read., 10 Aug. 2013
I liked it so much I'm buying copies for friends! I identified hugely with Michael's journey being around the same age and having been a Christian for about the same length of time. His account is honest and humorous which makes the whole book very readable. It helped me to reflect on my walk with God thus far and to look forward to where he might lead me in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring and insightful reflection, 9 Sept. 2013
Michael writes with a simple but rich personal style which draws the reader into his journey through life so far. He faces with openness the areas of his experiences with an honesty and clarity which enables others to relate to him. He clearly has the gift of listening to God's wisdom in each life event and to learn from that to strengthen his vision and ministry; he also learns well from those whose ministry differs from his own, discovering their understanding to enrich his own spiritual journey. He is a minister with great experience who has much to offer the Church for all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travellers of the heart, 27 April 2014
An excellent book enabling exploration of different traditions and how each one can bring growth in the journey of faith. Each brings a richness and depth as we travel and seek to find our own spiritual territory where we can grow and seek to share in the community we are part of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another thoughtful book, 21 Oct. 2013
Michael Mittons books are always easy to read but provoke much reflection. I would recommend this book for all those on a spiritual journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by Bishop, 12 Dec. 2013
Recommemnded by the Oxford Diocese and I like Michael Mitton's work. Yes good. Easy to read and helpful to read of his experience

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging for those who have walked on different paths!, 7 May 2015
P. A. Stevens "Miss Biscuit" (essex england) - See all my reviews
Great book to confirm that sometimes the terrain changes on our spiritual journey but that ultimately we are on the right road!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 11 Oct. 2013
Excellent book for a gift or reading yourself, well written and easy reading with loads of personal details, good present!

1.0 out of 5 stars Really successful products, 30 Mar. 2014