4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-Provoking
In a world where "old age" is seen as a negative term, David Winter explores the subject in a creative way. His personal experience shines through the text and gives it a grounding in reality. A helpful book to those entering "old age"and for those trying to understand older people.It is clearly and engagingly written and full of hope.
Published 12 months ago by SES

3.0 out of 5 stars a cop out
Published 9 months ago by D. J. Young

3.0 out of 5 stars a cop out, 15 May 2014
D. J. Young (Birmingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I so enjoyed the accounts of the biblical characters in relation to ageing. But how real is this for modern retirement? God has need of our remaining strength, so we do voluntary work, tasks at church, support the grandchildren's parents, while ever we can. We respect commitments and they don't space out neatly. Sometimes they pile up together and yes, we may feel stressed. I did not sense any of this in this cosy read. Maybe the author would feel I am expressing wrong priorities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-Provoking, 27 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars So encouraging, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: At the End of the Day: Enjoying Life in the Departure Lounge (Paperback)
I have lent this book to my friends so that they too can be encouraged in their 'older' years. It is not only well written - ie easy and a pleasure to read - but also says some very important things about being old. And what a role model: to write such a good book in one's 80s! I hope it will come out in large print too (perhaps it has already?).

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be old to enjoy this!, 8 Jan. 2014
S. Elbourne - See all my reviews
This is an excellent and unique book. It is full of humour, joy and hope. You don't have to be old to enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenten Book Review, 16 April 2014
An outstanding book which integrated biblical teaching with insights gained from the experience of life. It was very interesting to read, thought provoking and challenging. It made me think how lucky we are, if and when, we manage to reach our allotted 70 years! For those with faith, a re-assuring book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the end of the day then?, 20 Feb. 2014
I enjoyed this because of the down to earth, no nonsense,and gentle humour that embellishes the realities of being a 21 year old mentality in a ultra mature body!

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting Older But Still Me !, 19 Jan. 2014
As an increasingly older person, I found a lot to empathise with in this book. Challenges come to us all whatever our age but it is nice to know that oldies can enjoy life and can be both nice and be pains to others just as they did when younger !

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 3 Mar. 2014
L. Ireland (UK) - See all my reviews
Read this before you are too old to help yourself prepare for a positive and fulfilling older age. Also read this if you want to help someone you love find ways to find life worth living right to the end and to face the end with less fear.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 26 Mar. 2014
Sheila M. Griffiths (Peterborough uk) - See all my reviews
I am 80 years of age--going on 20 in my head.I loved this book.It is reassuring in that it shows that old age is not simply a time of waiting but a time of anticipation and of daily pleasures.Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tackled a difficult subject with sincerity, 17 May 2014
Thought the book was thought provoking and written clearly but with humour and clear insight while maintaining the faith and hope

At the End of the Day: Enjoying Life in the Departure Lounge
At the End of the Day: Enjoying Life in the Departure Lounge by David Winter (Paperback - 22 Nov. 2013)