4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read
I enjoyed reading this book; very well written, easy to read. The subjects are in a chronical order - when, for example, probability is mentioned it will have been explained in earlier chapter.
Published on 27 July 2011 by Erik

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Review
Interesting mix of topics explained simply with a nice cross reference feature so you can dip in at random and then follow a trail of related chapters.

I read a lot of popular science so I soaked it all up. If you don't then this might be a good way to start as everything is in bite size chunks.

Clear, interesting and up to date.
Published 17 months ago by psiloiordinary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 27 July 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 12 Mar 2013
Found this book provided a great explanation of many physics principles I wish I understood! I now know much more about particle physics than I ever though I would!

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful manual, 30 Mar 2013
Paul T. Mccarthy "Paulo" (Paulo) - See all my reviews
Cannot fault it so far, practical plot to blow up the universe will be based upon these instructions. I enjoyed it

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Review, 17 Feb 2013

Clear, interesting and up to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Insight, 11 Jan 2014
J. Veitch - See all my reviews
Great insight into the unlimited applications of modern physics to the current and future world we live in. Written in an accessible manner for anyone to enjoy. Fantastic read for those who are interested to learn anything physics-related.

1.0 out of 5 stars disgraceful, 6 Jan 2014
At first I found the book resourcful and helpful but then as I delved deeper I found that it became boring and a waste of time!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books, 10 Aug 2013
Mitya (Nottm., UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Destroy the Universe: And 34 Other Really Interesting Uses of Physics (Paperback)
I like many have an amateur interest in physics, and I have to say this book has become one that I repeatedly pick up for a re-read. Parsons effectively mixes popular concepts with complex physical mechanisms which would, in my view, make this book a must for any GCSE or A-Level physics student. He doesn't shy away from complex physical concepts, though clearly this is not a book for the experts. But if you're curious about Einstein's theories of relativity, time dilation, the wackiness of quantum physics and all the rest, you could do much worse than begin with this gem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Digestable Physics, 29 July 2013
A great way to explain physics in everyday use and simple explanations of the more tricky concepts as well. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Physics Dummy, 6 Mar 2013
As someone who is scientifically challenged, I am finding this little gem enormously helpful. It is clear and easy to follow and fun as well. Thank you, Paul for showing me that physics is every where!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplified physics, 5 Mar 2013
I liked how through all the technical words the whole book is kept math free and thus is very readable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›