5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best photography books for beginners, 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
This book is a great reference for taking, processing and printing better-looking photos. However, apart from being a reference, the book is filled with assignments and discussed photography and all it facets, ranging from photography subjects (portraits, landscapes, travel photography, nature and wildlife, etc.) to the digital darkroom. Photo editing is often neglected in books for photography enthousiasts even though we hardly ever see an unprocessed image these days. Although there are better books on editing, there are few that provide so much detail for quick fixes to improve your photos. And those quick fixes will improve your photos dramatically without taking too much time and leaving not enough time to take even better photos. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Guide to Digital Photography, 20 Nov 2011
Mr. David B. Wright "Berk" (Mumbles, Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Ian Farrell explains the intricacies of operating a digital camera with simplicity and detail. The examples and case studies are excellent. In the fallow period of dark autumn days this is a complete work for the overhaul of our camera techniques. It is amazing how few of the many alternatives we use, but Farrell does expand the knowledge and operational choices of aperture, focus, ISO and shutter speed. This is an excellent reference library for the dedicated amateur photographer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Digital Photography Book I've Ever Read!, 2 Feb 2012
Billy's Grandad (Oldham, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
This book really is the best digital photography book I've ever read and I've read quite a few. It has the advantage, I suppose, of being new and bang up to date but the clarity of explanations of technical features and procedures sets it apart from all others. I found the sections involving Photoshop to be very clearly explained and the final section of assignments is inspiring. I could go on, but I'll just say..."buy it!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for budding photographers, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Taking a good photograph is only half the story. What you can then do with software such as photoshop completes the picture. This book shows clearly, in easy to access chapters, how to achieve both. As a guide it is comprehensive but simple to dip in and out of according to your needs. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars At first, I like the way the book is made up of many chapter headings, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
On arrival I was a little overwhelmed, as it's a larger than expected and with 400+ pages seems comprehensive. At first, I liked the way the book is made up of many chapters, but short chapters, so you can get into what it is you want, without having to wade through a woeful volume of words, but later found myself saying 'Get on with it' - first instance when I read some mention of HDR and then a forward reference to seeing more in Chapter so-an-so.

So, my first 'read' of the book was a slow thumb through the pages and, for myself, I found several topics I want to go back to....though several of those topics relate more to Photoshop than the camera. Doubtless there are interesting topics of cetain styles of photograh that will prove useful.

The book will prove very useful to many people, if only for brief explantions - a reference rather than learning source. No bad things. But I am left with mixed feelings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info., 29 May 2014
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Great for me as a beginner as there is plain English explanations of what my camera can do and how it works. Worth pointing out though that half of this weighty book is dedicated to explanations of how to use Photoshop in particular. I've used Serif PhotoPlus for so long now I don't want to change! Some information is transferable though so not a total disaster!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for someone entering the world of great photography, 17 Jan 2013
A Complete Guide to Digital Photography
I have bought several books about digital photography but have to say that I like this one the most. Very well written with a lot of examples and settings how to achieve them.
Now, I just need to go out and try some of the tips and tricks. I have already seen huge improvement in the way how I approach composition and camera settings - photos are just so much better compared to where I was before.

Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 10 Oct 2012
Mr. C. Gough "Happy days" (england, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
This book is great if your a newbie or even if you already have experience, it actually is interesting instead of super boring like other ones

5.0 out of 5 stars About the best book on digital photography out there, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Really helpful to enhance my photography. I use a Nikon D3200 which is well documented or equivalent in the book so even if you don't have a full frame camera you will find it essential reading. It does use photo shop right through the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Is what it says on the tin !!, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Complete Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Just returning to photography after break of 40 years. Having previously used film and now having a Pentax DSLR the book is just what I needed . It is straightforward with suggestions for own practice. Like it , Like it.

Complete Guide to Digital Photography
Complete Guide to Digital Photography by Ian Farrell (Paperback - 27 Oct 2011)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available