5.0 out of 5 stars loved this book
This book was a joy to read. It had sad and funny parts all mixed together, but the story line was so good you wanted to get to the end, if only to see what happens to GIlly, the dogs and the rest of the characters.

Well worth the time and money. Will be buying more of this author in the future.
Published on 3 Sep 2011 by DizzyChick

3.0 out of 5 stars OK story line but badly edited
Published on 18 July 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this book, 3 Sep 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Holiday Read, 9 Aug 2011
This review is from: Monday to Friday Man (Paperback)
I've just returned from my summer holiday and this was a book that I picked up specifically to enjoy whilst away, It hit exactly the right spot, I found it thoroughly engaging, light enough to be able to dip in and out of (if I hadn't had my children with me I would have read it in one fell swoop) but together with this there is real depth to the story, great characterization and I found it more meaningful than many books of this 'type'. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful read, 20 Jan 2012
realovesbooks (South east London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Monday to Friday Man (Paperback)
My first thoughts after finishing this book is I cannot believe it has taken me this long to finally read this beautiful book. From the moment we meet our main character Gilly (with a G!) I instantly warmed to her. Her character is very down to earth and like most people she has been through her fair share of heartache, her character comes across as very vulnerable but yet she seems to have a lovely sense of humour. I also loved the character of Guy who felt a little eccentric but yet a pure gentleman.

I am not a big fan of books which have lots of characters in as I find myself starting to lose track of who is who, but this was not the case in this book there were a lot of characters but each of the characters are developed well enough to be able to differentiate between each character. For me the beauty of this book is the fact that Peterson has managed to wind a story of Gilly's background into her current story which allows us the chance to get to know a little more about Gilly's past.

The storyline has everything you would need in a great read, humour, romance, loveable characters, suspense and the good old tear jerker scenario.

The pace of this book and also the realistic storyline made this book a real page turner and I for one will be looking forward to her new book which is due for release this year.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK story line but badly edited, 18 July 2012
I bought this for Kindle mainly because it had positive reviews and was 20p. Actually for 20p, it was worth it. But although the story line was fairly good, if a bit "modern romantic single in London" fodder, it was intrusively badly edited. I felt like getting my red pen out. Jokes were repeated, whole chunks of text copied and pasted as a summary, even though the action had just happened. With a good ruthless edit this might make a decent summer read

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!, 10 July 2012
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Oh I loved this book so much I went straight on to download Ten Years On another novel by Alice Peterson. Despite the predictability of some of the story I was hooked, testimony to how well-crafted this novel was and the credible characters, of which there were many well woven throughout this book. Miss Peterson has done her research well!

As a dog walker myself I really enjoyed this side of the novel. I walk a couple of times a day, not at the same time every day but I can more or less guarantee who I will see depending on the time of day; and yes there are little cliques!

Having been brought up by my father, along with my two siblings, after our mother left home I know the effects this can have on children and think the issue of abandonment was dealt with well. Particularly the way Gill and her twin brother Nick each dealt with this in their own ways, whilst still determined to stick together and the loyalty they felt to their father.

The story is told in the first person, 34 year old Gilly who has been dumped by her fiancée just before they were to be married. Recovering, she goes on an emotional roller coaster journey and decides to rent out her spare room to a `Monday to Friday' professional to help with her financial burdens.

Numerous threads are woven through this wonderful story. Her relationship with her twin brother Nick and her father following the loss of her mother who leaves her family after a breakdown.

Nicks precarious relationship with his wife, Nancy and how this affects Gilly and her feelings towards Nancy.

Jack the sexy Monday to Friday guy; way too suspicious from the start.

Mix into this the sub plot with Gilly looking back into her childhood whilst growing up with Megan her little sister, who was so special, was just beautiful. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book, 4 July 2012
Enjoyed reading this book so much. I read it in about 4 hours over two days.

A real page turner, an easy read and characters who you will fall in love with. I love the dog walking club and I found myself fantasizing being part of that group, meeting them at 8.30am every morning for a gossip! I imagined Gilly's house, and how cosy her spare room sounded!

As other reviewers have mentioned the storyline was a bit predictable but a lot of chic lit's are! The sub plot about the sister Megan was beautifully written. Another reviewer said that that plot should have been explored deeper but I disagree. It was just enough!

I bought this book on a whim as it was only 20p and liked the sound of the blurb. I had never heard of Alice Peterson before then. I have seen she has written another book and I am definitely going to give it a whirl.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have felt that pebble, 15 April 2013
With an intriguing title and inexpensive to download, 'Monday to Friday Man' could have been simply an easy read, quickly forgotten, but I really enjoyed it. Well written, it is often funny and sometimes heartbreakingly sad.

Jilted just two weeks before her wedding, Gilly feels life is passing her by and contemplates running away to live in the country. Wisdom from an unexpected source makes her rethink her plans. Loved by her fractured family and supported by her dog-walking friends and neighbours, Gilly rebuilds her life, two steps forward, one step back. Can she ever follow her dreams and find true happiness?

A great story that has me wondering how Gilly is getting on even now, days after I finished reading about her.

My favourite quotation from this book is:

"Her memory is like a pebble in my shoe. There are some days when I know it's there but I can live with it. Other times it's so sharp that it digs and cuts into my skin, my foot bleeds and I can't walk on. I have to stop because I'm crying unexpectedly."

I know that I have felt that pebble!

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect holiday and escapist read, 29 Jun 2012
Yes its a rom com and yes maybe slightly predictable , but I really enjoyed this book. The characters were written with warmth and the story had some laugh out loud moments and real emotion. Perfect for a holiday read and spot on characters for those thirty somethings amongst us,

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading, 30 Jun 2014
This is the third book I've read by this author. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous two, so I was expecting a good read. Alice has a knack of addressing sensitive issues within her stories, making them extra special. Her writing is so natural and light and the book made for very easy reading.
Recovering from being jilted just weeks before her wedding, Gilly tries to move on. She takes in a lodger who's very charming and shows her a good time, but all is not what it seems.
I was drawn into the story straight away and I soon had a vivid picture in my mind of all the characters, especially the eclectic group of dog walkers and their canine friends. Reflections back to her childhood and tragic memories are sad and touching and add another dimension to the tale of a thirty something looking for love.
In all it was an absolute delight to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute - Needs Some Better Editing, 22 Jun 2014
I Heart Books "Bookworm" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This was a sweet London Style Chick Lit novel with a good, solid story line and characters I could warm to. While it could do with a hefty edit, I can tell that the author has put her heart into what she's written, and that makes for a very enjoyable read. I read it in one weekend - something that has become a bit of a rarity for me - but it proves it wasn't a hard slog. It was very predictable, but I've yet to find someone who finds chick lit UNpredictable. Good for a light read in between heavier books or just as a holiday book - that's what it was for me!

Would pick up another one of this author's books.

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man by Alice Peterson (Paperback - 21 July 2011)
5.59