5.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Couldn't put it down. Read it in four days and then I gave it to my neighbour and she read it I two days. Can't wait for his next one
Published 10 months ago by val

3.0 out of 5 stars Top notch
A good solid murder mystery, as expected from this author.a whodunnit that kept me guessing til just before it was revealed.
Published 26 days ago by Mw

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cold Nowhere, 27 Aug 2013
I always enjoy Mr. Freeman's books and this one was no exception. Good plot, interesting characters. Will watch for his next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great thriller by Brian Freeman, 21 Jun 2013
Love the Jonathan Stride novels. This was another great read and I look forward to the next one. Brilliant thriller that you can't put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book Loved it!!!!, 21 Jun 2013
This book is great. As always Brian Freeman lives up to expectations.
I couldn't put it down. Heartily recommended.As always the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another page-turner!, 15 Jun 2013
Brian Freeman never disappoints! It seems like ages since we've gotten a Jonathan Stride story, but it was well-worth the wait. I was thrilled, too, have Serena back, and I really appreciate the way Freeman helps them work on their complicated relationship. He has a warm touch in this cold nowhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars Twist, 12 Jun 2013
This held me enthralled from the beginning. Areal page turner. Things turn nasty for Cat after a night on a boat when she ends up running for her life. There are lots of twists and turns and I would recommend reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 27 Mar 2014
Elaine Byrne (Troon. Uk) - See all my reviews
I like this series and The Cold Nowhere is a good addition. Set in Minnesota it covers several murders (past and present) and various attempts on a teenager's life and is all drawn together neatly at the end. I think familiarity with the previous novels would help you better understand some of the ramifications of Stride's personal life in this novel, but it's not a necessity as it will stand alone. The book is, in my opinion, a bit long and could do without some of the italicised flashbacks/memories but apart from that it is a good, well written read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 24 Mar 2014
Mw "jenwin" (northern ireland) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid book, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Cold Nowhere (Jonathan Stride) (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book, not one of my favourites this year but with a good plot unfortunately i could see the twists in the story some time before they came.

4.0 out of 5 stars A sound police mystery, 16 Feb 2014
This was my first Freeman/Stride novel. It did hold up though as a stand-alone and I don't think I was disadvantaged by not having read earlier novels in the series.

There was a good mystery here as Stride helps Cat, an orphan turned prostitute, who may have witnessed the murder of her parents years ago in a case Stride was involved in. Freeman does well in constructing a viable plot and throwing in bits of information to build up the intrigue. In other words, it is not hard for the reader to get very much invested in the story.

I would say that Stride and his history and relationship issues didn't do a great deal for me, but I suspect I need to read more in the series to learn more about him and the other regular characters.

A joy to read a Kindle edition without typos and formatting problems too, I must say.

In short, I'll look for more by this author.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa1306780)

The Cold Nowhere (Jonathan Stride)
The Cold Nowhere (Jonathan Stride) by Brian Freeman (Paperback - 21 Nov 2013)
5.59