5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jupiter's Travels in Camera: The photographic record of Ted Simon's celebrated round-the-world motorcycle journey (Hardcover)
superb just superb a great photographic account of one of the great long distance travellers of the modern age some people think but some do .

5.0 out of 5 stars On my way, 8 Jan 2014
When I was 25 I wanted to do the same it was 1995 and SA has just shrugged of the yoke of apartheid I hardly had any money but I thought I will work as I go. I got as far as the Angolan border where I had served as a national serviceman when the bike died a hole in two of the pistons too expensive to repair. It always was an unaccomplished dream.

I eventually emigrated to the UK but always the yearning to travel then I read Jupiter's travels in 2010. I had to put it down after the 4th chapter in fear that I might be on my way the next day. The itch has finally arrived again bike is being prepped and everything. Financial state now a lot healthier, 12 months away from my departure.

Then I saw the add for this book whilst I was waiting for it to arrive I dug out my copy of Jupiter's travels finished it and boy was I pleasantly surprised it bring the original book completely to life in pictures. When you realise that this adventure took place 40 years ago with very little preparation, when Zimbabwe was still Rhodesia and Maputo was still good old LM Lorenzo Marques.

Today is completely different people are traveling all over the world like this with there adventures documented almost instantaneously with the power of the web being everywhere. Today we have the aid of GPS phones and emergency devices that alerts people to where we are and if we are in peril. You can only tip your hat to these early pioneers

Thanks Ted great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 3 Nov 2013
Dpt Barter "Book conoisseur" (England, Britain, UK) - See all my reviews
The photos and descriptives are fascinating. This book would complement any book lovers library and you don't have to be a biker to appreciate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ted simon, 13 Jun 2014
a great accompaniment to the paperback which I read the first time around
travel broadens the mind and the book inspires

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 9 May 2014
This was a present and my son loved it. Photographs were very good and It was well presented very interesting

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 28 Jan 2014
Robert O'Toole (University of Warwick) - See all my reviews
A beautifully crafted book, presenting Ted's wonderful photos and enough text from Jupiter's Travels (plus updates) to give an evocative sense of the journey. If you have read Jupiter's Travels, then this will bring it all back to life again. If you haven't read the original book yet, this acts as a great primer and companion to one of the best traveller stories there is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality book - superb content, 5 Jan 2014
Bought as a present for someone with a passion for Motorbikes and travel.
Ticks all the boxes.
Something special about actually holding a well-produced book that beats looking at photos on a screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 23 Dec 2013
"Jupiter's Travels" was a wonderful book - life changing for many, I imagine. Now, to have Ted Simon's incredible journey illustrated by remarkably high quality and interesting photographs taken at the time, plus additional details of his adventure, makes for a very worthwhile book, especially for fans of the original. Very enjoyable and thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 25 Nov 2013
Good pictures and very interesting. I would recommend this book to others as it is very informative and an excellent read

5.0 out of 5 stars Jupiter's travels, 14 Oct 2013
This book has incredible photos of life & of the landscape of an amazing journey around the planet called earth.