5.0 out of 5 stars Usefull
Simple to follow, useful worth buying for the novice. I needed to change the rear gears and remove the chain etc. following which I needed to set up the gears again. The book guided me through the process. it all seems to be working fine now. this helped me understand a couple of things that have changed since I last owned a bike.

worth getting IMHO.
Published 20 months ago by M. C. Fortune-wood

2.0 out of 5 stars Sketchy, not enough detail
I have to agree with the other reviewer stating this is a pretty superficial book.

I'm a fairly experienced - but 100% amateur - bike mechanic and bought this in the hope that I could fill in some gaps in my knowledge, especially for comparatively recent developments such as hydraulic brake systems.

The procedures are fairly well illustrated, but...
Published 12 months ago by blackworx

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars very well written, 6 Sep 2013
M. A. Butler (nottingham uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance (Haynes) (Hardcover)
Really pleased with this purchased,wanted to learn about the maintenance of modern bikes especially the gears and this book really helps to do this. would recommend this book because it helps you to understand the workings of cycles

4.0 out of 5 stars on your Bike, 1 Sep 2013
A really valuable book which I will be using on a regular basis.It is useful for acquainting myself with the mechanics of my bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like It, 29 Aug 2013
Great purchase worth every penny will purchase again when required. Not much to say on quility but good quility as I would expect from the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book for a Novice, 15 Aug 2013
I was impressed with this book. I have very little knowledge in Bike Maintenance but this booked helped me to change my Brake Pads and Adjust my gears. Clear Instructions and excellent Pictures make this a very useful book. Would Recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haynes the Bike Book - Could Be Better, 10 Aug 2013
I asked to sort out some of my grandchildren bikes one of which had been given to them and was an expensive mountain bike though rusted to death.The last time that I had been involved with bike maintenance other than motorbikes was over 30 years ago, therefore I thought that I should bring myself up to speed and purchased this book. I found a lot of very useful information, but also a lot missing that only came to light after starting to use the information. Compared with the Haynes car and motorbike books there could be more detail, and was some what light in the number of pages even though only a couple of quid less expensive, possibly they sell less bike books than car and motorcycle ones. Do I think it was worth buying; yes, but it could be a lot better.

4.0 out of 5 stars no stone unturned, 28 July 2013
this book is a must for the hobby cyclist loads of practical information,step by step guides on how to repair & maintain your bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for the bike enthusiast, 27 July 2013
L. J. Atack (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This has become my husband's workshop bible. As I said in the title, an essential piece of kit for the bike enthusiast. I am only sorry I could not find a chapter on bicycle contraception since they seem to be prolific breeders as their numbers and types seem to have increased everytime I venture into the 'man shed'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 22 July 2013
Everything you could want to know about bike maintenance recommended for the enthusiast.

Lots of useful hints and tips and covers pretty much any sort of bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 July 2013
Well written and informative. Easy to follow and the pictures are very clear. If you own a bicycle, get this book and you will be able to get a full understanding of how the bike works and how to repair it or customise it as applicable.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 29 April 2013
Very clearly written and illustrated well. I was pleased i bought this as it has already prooved helpful in bike repairs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaef45954)

The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance (Haynes)
The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance (Haynes) by Mark Storey (Hardcover - 7 Jun 2012)
11.55