Format: Hardcover|Change

on 16 May 2014
I bought this book when I needed to replace my chain, crankset and cassette. The range of manufacturers and their common systems meant I could find the specific guide for both the crankset and bottom bracket I was removing and the new set I was replacing them with. The other chapters I have flicked past look just as clearly laid out. The hardback cover will help with being knocked around a bit in the shed too.
on 18 September 2014
This book is BRILLIANT it shows you everything you need to about bikes from
What bike will suite you what ( were you live and were you are ridding your bike ) what you should look for when buy a bloke to maintaining your bike to fixing it easy to follow instructions it a must to anyone who love's cycling or even just love's there bike money well spent wouldn't be with out it !
on 22 April 2013
Generally complete guide to bike servicing and repair. My only slight criticism is that as I had not touched a bike for some 40 years (!) the book assumed I knew some stuff that I didn't know or had forgotten. Overall, however, I found this book to be helpful and enabled me to strip down and service a total rust-heap of a bike which had been left to rust and rot for several years.
on 10 November 2015
Other reviewers have noted that this is not really a book of complete maintenance, but rather an introduction with very good diagrams. Used in conjunction with the many on line videos it is a very helpful publication in the Haynes tradition. It does enable you to decide what jobs to tackle yourself, and what to leave to the professional cycle mechanic.
on 25 October 2012
This is a good book, I built bikes as a teenager, but had not really touched bikes for the last 25 years, Just thought I'd buy it to catch up on any advancements that had passed me by in those years. If your new to bikes perfect book, nothing dramatic has changed in the build of bikes better components yes and new technologies.
on 19 October 2013
I had already bought a previous edition on this book some 10 years ago and was surprised how much had changed with regard to bike technology in that time. All parts of the machine are clearly explained as are repair procedures. If you are thinking of buying, upgrading or repairing a bike then look in this book first.
on 27 July 2013
This has become my husband's workshop bible. As I said in the title, an essential piece of kit for the bike enthusiast. I am only sorry I could not find a chapter on bicycle contraception since they seem to be prolific breeders as their numbers and types seem to have increased everytime I venture into the 'man shed'!
on 7 October 2014
Very helpful indeed. There are things in the book that both the beginning cycilist and the pro cycilist can learn. Being a Haynes manual you expect nothing less than perfect and this book does not fail to deliver. I picked up a new copy for around £6 and I don't regret it.
on 15 February 2016
Just what every bike enthusiast wants when you repair your bike at home. Pair this book with a good tool kit and you'll never pay someone else to do it again. Its surprising how simple its is to service your bike with all the step by step how to and the good photos
on 8 January 2013
My husband hasnt put the book down since he had it for Christmas..The book has been a great help to him as he has had an old frame given him and he is trying to restore it . It is coming along fine and I am sure he will be very proud of it when it is finished