5.0 out of 5 stars Preparing financial statements - everything you need to know, 7 Jun 2013
T. Clendon (St Albans, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Students Guide to Preparing Financial Statements (Paperback)
This book is a brilliant addition to the series and as a lecturer I would highly recommend it to all
accountancy students studying for A-levels, degrees and professional exams.
It starts with the proformas of financial statements and the basics of double entry bookkeeping and
takes students all the way through to deferred tax, pensions and financial instruments. It is suitable
for all students studying financial accounting and the sooner you buy it, the better!
Every topic is clearly explained and then illustrated by an example showing how to account for it in
the context of preparing financial statements from a trial balance - a key skill tested in exams.
The on-line resources are also great with section recap examples taking you through how to answer
exam standard questions step by step as well as mindmaps to help your revision.
It is perfect for those that need to brush up their knowledge if they have gained exemptions or had a
gap in their studies and will also prove beneficial in the work place as a quick reference guide.
As with all the books in Kaplan's Student's guide series it is written in a clear, simple way & is
wonderfully bright and colourful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for teaching yourself or revising for your exams., 28 April 2013
I am currently studying for my ACA qualification. I have just finished studying Financial Accounting (FA). This book contains many of the sections that I have studied in the previous week as well as many more which are relevant to my Financial Reporting (FR) exam syllabus I am studying for imminently. The layout is clear and user friendly, including many understandable and more complex examples which have enabled me to develop my knowledge in the areas which I struggled to keep up with in class.

This book has benefited my understanding of the syllabus and the areas that the examiner is looking out for in the exam. I wish that this book had been published sooner as it follows on from the concepts taught to me in the Accounting module excellently. It would have put me in an advantageous situation going into my FA course, reducing the volume of work during my time at college.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Business Accounting Book in Preparing Financial Statements, 9 Dec 2014
Sally Baker takes the baton firmly over 'Frank Wood - Business Accounting' tomes of knowledge.

Highly recommend this book to the uninitiated, it will save you time and needless pulling out of hair.

Baker's book is a colourfully concise compendium to enable the accounting student learn accounting fundamentals well and to embed this knowledge permanently.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's easy to understand, 2 Oct 2014
I am studying CIMA F1 and have been having trouble understanding how to prepare financial statements.. I bought this book and have read chapters 1 to 3 so far.. It's easy to understand, easy to follow and already I feel like certain aspects have fallen into place.. I am so happy I've found this book as I believe it will be the key to helping me pass this exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, easy read!, 22 Oct 2014
This book was recommended to me by my Kaplan lecturer and it's a must have!! I'm currently studying for my CIMA and it breaks crucial topics down into bite size chunks which are easy to understand. Besides that it's colorful and an easy read. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants additional background knowledge!

5.0 out of 5 stars The delivery service is "excellent". Over and above expectations ..., 21 Nov 2014
The delivery service is "excellent". Over and above expectations.
The quality of the book is again over and above expectations: new!!
I have purchase this item to assist me in tutoring a friend and thus I cannot yet comment on the content quality but will do so as soon as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy wit purchase, 13 July 2014
Item as described. Happy wit purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all accounting students, 14 Jun 2014
A really good book for explaining the preparation of financial statements from the basics right through to the more advanced levels. It covers all of the key accounting standards you'll need to know for preparing financial statements & is a really good introduction to double entry debits & credits - the first time I've properly understood it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest book I have ever read about IFRS!!!, 8 Jun 2014
Sally's book is very very useful for me to study international accounting standards. As I am not a native speaker, to understand how to deal with different issues with different accounting standards is very hard, as there are a lot of big words in the standards. But when I read Sally's book, I could understand them and know how to use them!!! She provide a very detailed explanation with double entry treatment, but in a very nice simple language!! I like it :) As they say, the great contribution is to make hard thing easy, right? Sally definitely did it! it is absolutely the best book in interpreting IFRS! and it is keeping up to date (very responsible writer)! Btw, the Layout of the book is very nice too-- very colourful and neat. In a word, a highly recommended book! Don't miss it if you are study IFRS! You will benefit a lot!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliiant, 22 May 2014
Really handy easy to use reference book and helps relate understanding to realistic situations would highly recommend really great value

A Students Guide to Preparing Financial Statements
A Students Guide to Preparing Financial Statements by Sally Baker (Paperback - Oct 2012)