Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 September 2009
I am currently an ACCA student, undertaking my Professional Level Essentials papers, including Paper P2 Corporate Reporting. I hold a BA Accounting and Finance degree, and so had major exemptions throughout the ACCA, which also included paper F7. The examiner of paper P2 states that prior knowledge of paper F7 is extremely beneficial for paper P2; however, I obviously had not attempted or sat this paper.

I was left in quite a predicament, as I did not want to waste time studying F7 material when I was not going to sit the exam! The answer to all my problems is this book. It is excellently written from an award winning tutor (who also currently teaches me). The book is broken down into 9 easily digestible sections, all of which relate to group accounts.

It is written in an extremely simplistic manner, which makes studying group accounts far easier and more interesting than using any other study aid.

I can say that anyone studying group accounts at any level will find this resource extremely invaluable as I have done and would highly recommend it!
on 6 September 2009
Tom Clendon has filled a gap for a much needed book on group accounts. It is bang up to date for the recent changes and fantastically easy to read and follow. A 'must have' on your shelf for any accountancy student. Highly recommended also for anyone wishing to update themelves on the recent changes to IFRS 3.
on 1 November 2009
This is excellent book. it made learning group accounts very easy for me. Thanks to the Kaplan and its wonderful teaching staff
on 7 June 2013
What I like about my colleague Tom Clendon's book is that he has taken a complex and key accounting topic and presented it in a way that makes it understandable. The use of relevant diagrams, colour and his examples and humour bring this potentially dry subject to life. And it is written in plain English!
The book starts out assuming no knowledge of group accounts and takes you through all the various consolidation problems, starting with a 100% directly owned subsidiary and building all the way to complex group structures and the translation of foreign subsidiaries.
Each chapter sets out what is new, explains the issue in both words and numbers through worked examples, contains practice questions, a mind map, a further explanation in double entry (if you like that sort of thing) and also a technical corner where further tricky little sub plots are explored! This second edition also gives access to yet more additional questions and answers online.
I know that this student focused book is value for money and essential for students studying for their degrees, MBA programs and professional examinations.
on 9 November 2009
I bought this book to help me prepare for ACCA F7 financial reporting.

It is an excellent book - covers the subject clearly & is very well presented (like Claire Finch's IFRS guide) using colour, mind maps, etc to aid recall of the subject.

An absolute "must-have" for anyone trying to get to grips with consolidated accounts.

Highly recommended.
on 24 January 2015
I was Tom Clendon's student and now I am an ACCA Tutor teaching the Financial accounting papers. I did 3.6 which is now P2 with him. In my opinion, this book is a MUST HAVE in group accounts, an excellent choice, because it is not just a one off read, it is the kind of book you will have to keep coming back to.
Tom explains it in the way I remember he would do when I was in his class, he is very clear and makes the most complex topics very simple and easy to understand. In my opinion that's what a good book should do- clear, to the point, easy to understand as he has used colours and diagrams to highlight the important areas. This book is a testament of his passion for this subject.
on 17 November 2010
This book is a superb supplement to ACCA study material, simple to follow and with good examples to help you to fully understand the techniques of consolidation, from start to finish adding more complicated aspects along the way.

Excellent choice !!
on 8 September 2011
I am really pleased with this piece of diamond. Tom was my tutor when IFRS 3 was first examined. On my first sitting without any previous professional exam experience it was Tom's teaching method that made all the difference. Looking back to that time and reading this book now just reminds me of what I use to wish for -- "if Tom can only find the time to write a book" and now my wish has come true...Thanks Tom... You are born to teach and write on GROUP ACCOUNTS!!!...Is there anyone out there who really want pass there exam -- Do yourself a favour go get the diamond of GROUP ACCOUNTS by Tom Clendon.
on 4 June 2014
I am an Accounting and Finance Masters student and sat an Advanced Financial Accounting exam back in January. Following an 8-week crash course in Accounting, the exam was focused on accounting for subsidiaries and associates. Being reasonably new to accounting, I found it difficult to rationalise the content in the module textbook, but with the held of this book, I was able to pass.

I don't believe I would have been able to understand the complexities, if not for this book. Clendon makes it so simple, you start to wonder why it appeared so hard in the first place. Outstanding.
on 20 September 2013
I am an ACCA student from the Caribbean. As an ACCA student ,we encounter group accounting in paper F7 and P2. This book covers all the areas of group accounting , from the easiest to the hardest aspects. I would encourage any accounting student , especially ACCA students to purchase this to assist in your studies. Its easy to read, follow, understand and has lots of example to illustrate. Have no regrets purchasing this book.