5.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!!!
This book is better than the accounting standards themselves! The style is down-to-earth, easy to understand, concise, contains real-life example (which I think is always a bonus) and is just really well written.

Published on 15 Feb 2008 by Steven Collings

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for IFRS's studies
I bought this book to help me in my studies. This book is not boring at all and is written in a way that people should grasp the essential information regarding IFRS's.This book is not boring at all.
Published on 1 Jan 2011 by Sacvicky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!!!, 15 Feb 2008
This review is from: Student Guide to IFRS (Paperback)

Students doing any sort of financial reporting paper for professional exams NEED this book. It's been highly accredited in a well-published student accountancy magazine, has received good feedback on a well-established accountancy forum - so it's definitely well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A priceless tool for the Accounting student or practitioner, 22 Mar 2009
Michael Ruurds "Tell us about yourself!" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I've found this book to be an invaluable resource in preparing for my P2 ACCA exams.

The source material is incredibly broad and detailed, but Claire succeeds in breaking the published standards down into bite-seized chunks and helps the reader to understand the core concepts by using as little jargon as possible. Colourful mind-maps and mnemonic tools also aid retention of key knowledge items.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Thanks Claire!

5.0 out of 5 stars this makes accounting interesting !, 15 July 2008
T. Clendon (St Albans, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Student Guide to IFRS (Paperback)
This book is written in a clear and imaginative way that will help anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of international accounting standards. Clare Finch understands how people's brains work and has written her book accordingly to help the reader remember the key principles of accounting. I have used this book and I recommend it to all my students - what ever accountancy exams they are studying. I really like the way that the book "talks" to you and explains the standards - and not just lists out the facts (though the correct definations are all there as well)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, 11 July 2009
This is an excellent book.
I've read the first few chapters and it is very easy to follow with all the important information laid out in an easy to view format.
The use of memory hooks and diagrams helps the memory and i feel that this book will help me with my future studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to access information, 23 July 2009
O. Gardiner (UK) - See all my reviews
This guide gives an excellent summary of the standards, well illustrated with the main points and principles extracted and demonstrated. It will give accountancy students essential information in an easily digested way.
This will make deeper study of the standards (for students and practioners alike) easier through use of a manual such as Wiley's.Wiley IFRS 2009: Interpretation and Application of International Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards (Wiley Ifrs: Interpretation & Application of International Financial Reporting Standards)

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE FOR ANY ACCOUNTANT, 16 May 2010
Thomas Corns (birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as a reference to top up knowledge on standards. The book really does help you understand the standards and gives great examples to illustrate it. It has a perfect balance of telling it you in laymans terms and including all the necessary terminology and definititions you need without confusing you by being too technical to understand for our exam and work purposes.

Its really clear showing you key areas and principles you must know before you move onto the next chapter. Another great part is that you get an understanding of how it all fits in together. So many books ream off information but its hard to see how it meshes. This has information on how they are connected - current issues on how they are being developed. Best of all it goes through why the standards were developed which I found to really help you understand the principle as you know why the standard is there in the first place!

Its a nice easy read, especially to some things Ive read that just end up confusing you. Glad I bought it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for AAT and Accountancy qualifactions, 17 May 2010
I highly recommend this for not only AAT students but anyone trying to understand final accounts and the stanards.

Easy to read and understand. A must for any students struggling to get to grips with accounting standards with excellent examples and breakdowns of what the standard means.

Will keep this book for continued studies, and cant recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars ACCA finalist review, 21 Mar 2010
This review is from: Student Guide to IFRS (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to any student studying for their
professional accountancy exam. This book allows for a clear understanding of the
Standards in order to be able to quote the text, understand their technical aspects
and apply them to exam questions. The layout and mnemonics worked for me.
This text made a real difference in my ability to understand and apply the Standards
in a recent examination.
If you want to give yourself the best chance of passing your Financial Reporting Paper
first time, I recommend you buy this book and use it as your main source with regards
the Standards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Dec 2009
This book is fantastic, as far as accountancy books go. It strips out all the fluffy wordy stuff and leaves the bones of what you really need to know, which helps pass exams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be without this book!!, 16 Jun 2010
L. Mealor (UK) - See all my reviews
This is an absolutely fantastic book, I never thought 'Accounting Standards' and the term 'user-friendly' would ever be put together in the same sentence until I got my hands on this book!

During my studies, I have recommended it to so many fellow students struggling to digest concepts. What's particularly great about this book is that it explains why we have these standards in the first place, but in a succinct way. Not only that, but it is even amusing in parts and the way it is presented really helps things to sink in. I think it's a must for anyone undertaking exams involving IAS/IFRS topics, I really cannot recommend it highly enough.

This book was my bedtime reading during my studies for ACCA F7, P2 and P7 and it is looking extremely tatty now with pages ripped, curled, falling out, excessively marked with highlighter pen, post it notes etc. It's been absolutely everywhere with me, work...home...holidays...nights out (err...just kidding with the last one!) But its definitely a book I will be keeping hold of, even though I have recently sat my final exams.

Clare Finch states in this book that Accounting Standards don't need to be boring. After reading this book, Clare I totally agree!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›