Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 April 2012
I am currently studying PTLLS and have found this book an excellent source for the assignment work. Version 5 is the most current and has more resources in the Appendix but this version has served me well.
on 4 July 2013
This is essential reading if you are embarking on the PTLLS course, whether at level 3 or 4. It is easy to use as reference material and gives useful guidance for the assessments that you will be asked to complete.
on 1 December 2015
I can see why Ann Gravell and her collection of related books are synonymous to Adult Education Teaching as it is truly elaborate, precise and filled with all you need to know (now and beyond your exam). Highly recommend this book. I read it near the end of my Teacher Training Award however the superiority of it was evident. I would recommend you arm yourself with this book right at the start, for it is brilliant (in depth, informative, engaging and well written). For me it is a fun read for a study book. Excellent.
on 19 September 2013
Let me start with I passed my PTTLS assessments with this book. A critical must for any student studying PTTLS, very easy to understand and read, covers all areas of the assessments so its impossible to miss anything out. Not only is this a very important book for the assessments it will help you with the practical elements too, at this price make sure you make the purchase before you start your course! You cant go wrong!
on 17 June 2013
I got this book to help with my studies at the recommendation of my tutor. Ann Gravells takes a refreshingly simple, straight-to-the-point approach to the subject matter with no long words or fancy jargon. This makes the material much quicker to digest especially when looking for information for assignments. All the info is clearly organised too so you can find the specific part you need easily without trawling through the whole book. A simple guide from someone who's been there before you.
on 27 February 2012
I run a training provider teaching the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) course. We recommend to our new students to read this book before the course begins. Unlike some books designed for the Post Compulsory Sector, Ann Gravells' book is accessible and uncomplicated, giving the key information on what it is to be a teacher or tutor as well meeting the requirements of PTLLS assignments.

Killian McCartney, Castle Education and Training Ltd.
on 19 July 2011
I am currently taking a PTLLS course, and do not think I could have gotten through it without this book! I have no teaching experience, and I found the book very straightforward, clear and concise. It is well laid out, no complicated jargon, useful references at the end of each chapter, with clear examples and actvities in each section. It covers everything! I would highly recommend purchasing this book.
on 16 May 2012
I have just completed my PTLLS course and I must say it has done wonders for my confidence and self esteem in my teaching. The book is written for beginners and is easy to read and understand. If you are taking the PTLLS course this book does well to accompany it. Ann also has a fantastic website, so you can buy extra materials from it if you require them when studying. Best of luck.
on 9 June 2012
I looked at a couple of the PTLLS books before getting this one. I read the reviews what other people had left and have to agree with them regarding this book. A very easy read as I hate reading. Easy to understand and not full of jargon. It has been a get help so far with my first assignment. This book has help me feel at ease doing this course. It gas been a great help too me.
on 17 December 2013
I completed my Level 3 PTLLS qualification in July and this book was invaluable. Ann has done this book in such away that it is so easy to understand and follow. Once again, your not lost with technical jargor and acronyms, just easy to follow and read. I learnt so much from this book. Defo 5* rating and is a must have for anyone doing this qualification.