4.0 out of 5 stars Magical sci-fi and romance
Published on 6 Mar 2012 by TopCat

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down!
Published 15 months ago by Perettifan

4.0 out of 5 stars Magical sci-fi and romance, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Illusion (Kindle Edition)
The description of this novel had me intrigued and not having read any of the author's other books I wasn't entirely sure what to expect of this novel. What I got was part romance and part time travel come alternative dimension sci-fi from a Christian fiction author. I was a bit concerned when I realised Frank Peretti is primarily known for Christian fiction but in fact religion merits little more than a passing mention in the book, with occasional reference to God and faith. The author note at the end was the only strong hint of the author's specialty.

I found Mandy endearing and felt for her, struggling to understand a very different world to the one she remembered. Dane, as the grieving widower who starts questioning his sanity as she reminds him so much of his late wife, is also highly likable, and I found their enduring love touching. The author manages to explain how the rift in time has happened and how Many makes her magic work relatively well, and I had more of a problem getting my head around the characters who only really came to prominence towards the end more of an issue than trying to figure out the physics.

This was an enjoyable read, and the prose flows smoothly. The magic provided a fun, very visual element and the final scenes in particular held me glued to my kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
I waiting for Frank Peretti's Illusion to arrive with great anticipation, having loved all his previous books. So, I am filled with sadness at having to report that this book was not up to his normal standard. It lacks drive, energy, mystery, complexity. In short, none of the elements of a good pot boiler were present. All his other books have grabbed me from page one and dragged me from one page to the next. But this one never got started, was a struggle to keep going and the end was a disappointment. From the Christian perspective, I found very little spiritual content - if it is meant to be enlightening in that regard, it totally missed me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
Enjoy and can recommend all of Frank Peretti' books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Always interesting, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
I've read all Frank Peretti's books now and they're all different. He paints the characters well and keeps the plot going nicely. I wish he wrote more books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
I loved this book which was full of twists and turns and kept me guessing right until the end. I would definitely recommend it as one of his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turner!, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
This is another brilliant book from a wonderful author. A good plot and imaginative story. Go back and read some of Frank Peretti's earlier books - gripping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Sep 2013
This is another great book by Frank Peretti. Totally recommend reading it. THIS IS A LARGE PRINT VERSION. Good delivery time, and excellent quality

4.0 out of 5 stars i like it, 16 Aug 2013
Mr. B. H. Fowlds (cumbria uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
i found it a realy good read ,could not put it down once i started,never new what was coming next,
different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frank Peretti delivers once again, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
I loved the story of a love that would not give up. As he put at the end, a love story of Christ and His church... I love his details and i could not put the book down!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Illusion, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Illusion (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. The plot was interesting and the final out come surprising. The best of Christian fiction.

Illusion
Illusion by Frank Peretti (Paperback - 21 Sep 2012)
9.99