Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 27 March 2014
I give this book a five star rating because, it answered many questions about 'Faith in the Lord of Light and Everlasting Life'' I would strongly urge you to first read the story about Isaac Liu's father, 'The Heavenly Man'. This is because as you turn through the pages of that remarkable true story, you shall probably ask yourself questions about Isaac Liu in much the same way as I did. I was thrilled to discover and read 'Son of the Underground' because it gave me a clearer picture of Isaac as a boy and a man in his own right, not shadowed by his father, but an individual who was equally guided by the Holy Spirit to serve God in spite of all hardships and persecutions from a misguided regime, other contemporaries and peers. If you are downhearted, or bored with life at the present time, I would hope you would read both books with a deeper understanding, as it will change your life forever.
on 10 January 2015
Some years ago I read the Heavenly Man and was deeply impressed at the factual account of brother Yun's time in China. When I spotted this I was keen to read Isaac's story as well. It is quite different, but I was not disappointed. I never tire of hearing accounts of the way God works in the lives of His servants, even when they are coming to terms with their attempt at obedience. Like the Bible Isaac does not cover up his failures, but learns from them and allows God to direct his way. Yes, definitely worth reading!
on 10 February 2015
Wonderful to read about Isaac's life so far. His experiences are beyond what most of us in the comfortable west can comprehend, but his faith, together with support from fellow Christians, have enabled him to write this amazing book. It encourages me to trust God in every aspect of my life - "His grace is sufficient".
on 14 January 2013
Insightful tale of one man's journey through life. Ordered it for my Mum who wanted to give it as a Christmas gift. She had already read it and wanted to give it to a friend.
on 13 November 2013
Interesting to hear more about the Church in China -inspires Christians to be grateful for the freedom we have and to pray for those persecuted or their faith around the world
on 3 April 2015
Very informative, especially as I have already read the father's book.
Well written and easy to follow. Looking forward to more from them.
on 21 November 2014
not finished the book yet but an amazing story so far.
on 18 June 2015
Very pleased thank you. 5 star
on 7 March 2012
Isaac Liu is the son of `The Heavenly Man' whose story caused quite a stir and not a little controversy several years ago. Now, Isaac tells his own story of being brought up in a home from which his father was absent for long periods of time because he was either in prison or on the run to avoid arrest. In fact he didn't meet his father until he was four and only knew him from a wanted poster. There are some interesting insights about the life and witness of the underground church in China during these years of repression and then Liu recounts the family's dramatic and daring escape to Burma and on to Germany where he enrolled in a Bible school.

It's an interesting enough story which could have been improved with some better editing, but I am always a bit sceptical when someone as young as Liu is, just 28, writes a life story and I can't help wondering whether the story would have been written and published were he not his father's son.

For the purpose of review, I received a complimentary copy of the book from Evangelical Times. I was under no obligation to write a positive review.