5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive Inspiration
Published on 1 May 2012 by Katttzoldman

3.0 out of 5 stars Finding my Voice, Jonathan Veira
Good condition for a second hand book, but not as informative or as interesting as i would have liked. not as well written as the Aled Jones Auto B. still very glad to have it as i really love his music.
Published on 24 Dec. 2012 by Barbara Dunstan

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive Inspiration, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
This is probably one of the most entertaining, honest and inspiring books I have ever read. Jonathan Veira's ability to make the most of every nanosecond ensures the book bubbles with vitality. For him, life has is not always fun and froth; there is much poignancy too. His music, personal life, mishaps and above all his faith are written about with disarming honesty. "Finding My Voice" is an inspiration; it's a book I shall surely return to time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
A very entertaining and humourous book, full of anecdotes, some of which made me laugh out loud. I loved reading about his background and family life, and having been to see JV on tour I could just picture him standing up on stage and recounting some of these stories. If you don't yet know Jonathan Veira, I would highly recommend that you read the book and go see him on stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
This is the sort of book you could read in one sitting or pick up and put down easily and will appeal to a broad variety of people. It is honestly written without pretension and is as if Jonathan is having a conversation with you in your home. There are lots of laugh out loud moments and some serious ones too. All in all a super little book - any one who has seen Jonathan live on stage will appreciate knowing more about him and for those that don't know him it is a good introduction to the man who is larger than life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding my voice, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
Having just 'met' JV I bought the CD and the biography - I'm pleased I did. The book is wonderfully written with humour, love and clarity. I feel as though he's a neighbour, a friend and a 'top geezer'!. It also makes me want to go through his back catalogue to see what I have been missing for all these years. Sue has a story to tell too I think - her account of JV's coma was poignant. I loved the book and can't wait to pass it on to all my friends - Church ones and not - there's something in this book for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good read., 23 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
I don't read autobigraphies, well I didn't but I am so glad I broke the rule with this one. Jonathan's stories are written with a light touch, making you want to read more about him, his life and his experiences. Clearly he loves his God, his family and his work. They are all interconnected. He doesn't preach to those of us who don't share his faith but he makes it clear that his God is real. I would thoroughly recommend this to all, even if like me you don't like Opera!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read and enjoy!, 26 April 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
An amazing book about an amazing man. Having been lucky enough to meet the great man I could hear him in my head as I read each word. Very funny, very moving and eminently readable, this man loves his God, his family, his life and his work. You don't have to like opera, be a Christian or like autobiographies to read this book, it's more like listening to your best friend updating you on what's been happening in his life. Read and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, entertaining and well written, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
After enjoying a highly humorous yet thought provoking JV concert in Dumfries, I bought this book to learn more about the man. He is obviously a man who loves life and he loves people. His present tour called 'Larger Than Life' describes him to a tee. I found this book to be an honest, entertaining and well written account of his life as an entertainer. I use this word `entertainer' rather than opera singer as I found him to be just that. He is a talented singer, musician a natural comedian and a genuinely nice guy. Although this is not what you would call a `Christian book', it is obvious that his faith is very important to him. I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a book., 30 April 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
I am not an opera fan but I found this book witty and well written. JV has a way with words and clearly likes people, his christian faith is apparent, but anyone would enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most interesting story, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Finding my Voice (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend this book because it is well written, amusing and enjoyable to read. Well worth every penny. I'm also glad that it is available in Kindle version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 3 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Finding My Voice (Paperback)
This book has it all, laughter, tears, fame, family, faith. I took this in the bath with me, and didn't get out till I got to the last page, it really is that engaging. Just about anyone will enjoy this book, and I defy anyone to read it without laughing. Be warned - once you've read this you'll want to buy one of Jonathan's CD's or find one of his live concerts - he really is an infectious man! Definitely worth the read.

Finding My Voice
Finding My Voice by Jonathan Veira (Paperback - 23 Mar. 2012)