5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and fresh guidebook through the Book of Books, 24 Sep 2011
Mark Meynell "quaesitor" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Route 66: A Crash Course in Navigating Life with the Bible (Paperback)
Here is the blurb I wrote as an endorsement for Krish's book:

For too many, the Bible is an irrelevant relic, a dusty, shelf-bound museum-piece only to be read (if at all) because of its alleged impact on western culture. How tragic! If only people read it to see how far from fair most popular perceptions of it are. If only people would actually read it.

Krish Kandiah has offered a wonderfully fresh and trustworthy introduction to the rich, diverse treasure house that is the Bible. He doesn't take a predictable chronological route through the Bible - his intention is to offer tasters, teasers if you like, of the different genres and writers that make up this ancient anthology. As a result, even well-seasoned scripture readers will find surprises and refreshment. For we all parts that are less familiar for which we need pointers.

Route 66 never pretends to be comprehensive nor an end in itself. But it succeeds in doing precisely what Krish set out to do: to excite and stimulate the reader to delve wider and deeper within the Bible, and for that reason I warmly commend it."

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet, 27 Sep 2011
Having read most of Krish's other books, I reckon this is his best yet. Straightforward in style but full of helpful material. A great contemporary alternative to Fee & Stuart's excellent 'How To Read The Bible For All It's Worth'. I shall certainly be recommending this to members of the church that I serve.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Way, 21 April 2011
This is a fantastic resource for people to engage with the Bible as individuals, groups and as a whole church. Imagine every church in the UK driving along Route 66!

5.0 out of 5 stars Route 66 - a great journey!, 22 Sep 2011
I have 3 words for you. Buy This Book! I have read and used loads of Bible studies and notes over the years, and to be honest I could probably remember a couple of them. This one has been amazing. We are using this study with a bunch who are just off to University who need to really be able to grapple with their Bibles, but we will probably do it with the whole church. And as church leaders, we have really been engaged and grown through it too. This is not a fluffy study, you do need to do some work on it, digging around, linking things, re-thinking things as guided to do - but Krish makes it so easy! His intro each day is brilliantly written - really easy and enjoyable yet full of profound truths and wisdom and tools we can easily remember and actually use. And then the study tasks are really engaging and help you think of the Bible in new ways, in a big picture way, in an intimate way too. I have seen a couple of passages in a totally new light. So I would hightly recommend you take the route 66, you'll be a better navigator of the Bible at the end and it's a really enjoyable and fascinating journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 14 Sep 2011
L. J. Cullen "Loving Life!" (England) - See all my reviews
A thoughtful easy to read book. We are studying this book at my Church group at the moment, and it's interesting and written in 'bite' sized chapters explaining the Bible in a shortened way giving you an insight in what the Bible is all about. If you are starting out on your Faith journey i would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 16 Jun 2011
I don't particuarly enjoy reading, but this book is amazing! Gives a totally new perspective on parts of the Bible that often get ignored and more popular parts too! Has a very strong theme running through linked to driving which is usefulk, interesting and very easy to relate to; a very useful resource worth investing in!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for beginners and not-so-beginners, 12 Jun 2011
I was privileged to read a pre-publication manuscript of the book back in October last year and, If I'd got my act together in time, I would have been very happy to have written a blurb to join all the others recommending it. I'll certainly be adding it to my future lists of recommended items on biblical genres and on introductory material on reading the Bible.

Krish has an enviable ability to use story and anecdote and self-deprecactory autobiographical snippets to excellent advantage in making points. And yet, he manages to cover the salient issues about each of the major biblical genres in a concise and engaging way, linking them with Bible studies and suggestions for small groups.

Well worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great resource for the main read of our lives...., 1 Jun 2011
J. DOUGLAS "Johnny Douglas" (Nr London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Accessibility and scripture don't mix enough! This is a pacey, spirited and rich guide to life with Gods Word that wonderfully defies this. Kandiah offers an eight-segment feature in fresh, inspirational and transformational ways. For such a slim title, there is content that reflects faithful research and yet a deep readability! Krish uses the journey metaphor very warmly and well, with his transportation and transformation invitation remaining long after I put the book down! Excitement, energy and encouragement abound in this added Biblefresh year. The travel journal questions offered additional value to a scriptural stimulus. Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Discussion provoking read!, 21 April 2011
Me, my husband, brother and two good friends bought a couple of copies of this book at Spring Harvest and brought them out the day we got home. Together we read the first Bible study and notes that went with it. It provoked lots of questions between us and we ended up having a thoroughly in-depth discussion about Genesis and God's creation of the world. We were inspired to buy this book after hearing Krish Kandiah speak at Spring Harvest and truly commend his knowledge and application of the Bible. A brilliant and easy to read book which all five of us recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Accessible Resource, 21 April 2011
I bought the book after attending Spring Harvest 2011 which followed the theme Route 66 and it's a brilliant recap of what was discussed there, as well as taking it that bit further and applying it to more specific Bible passages. The entries are short enough to be doable at the end of the day (even when you're shattered!) but you still get something thought provoking out of them, and it gives new depth to stories that have become overly familiar. I would recommend it to new Christians as a solid introduction to Biblical study, as well as to seasoned studiers who need a refresher course or something a bit different. I'd also say it's probably even better in a group Bible study or a House Group, but it still works well for personal study.

Route 66: A Crash Course in Navigating Life with the Bible
Route 66: A Crash Course in Navigating Life with the Bible by Krish Kandiah (Paperback - 22 April 2011)