5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended.
Very good book. One of the best in the WI series. Explainations of pectin etc, very helpful. Realy useful book.
Published 9 days ago by Paul Norton

3.0 out of 5 stars WI Homemade Jams & Chutneys
I already own the now out of print WI Book of Preserves by Carol Tennant, which can now only be bought second hand for 20+ (shows what a brilliant book it is). I bought 'Jams & Chutneys' as a gift thinking it must be an updated version of the former, but its not at all. 'Jams & Chutneys' does include some of the same recipes as 'Preserves' and while it is a nice book,...
Published 21 months ago by Julie Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars Feedback., 4 July 2013
This review is from: Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute) (Hardcover)
An easy book to feed and has good instructions. Also some of the recipes are unusual and will try them

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Jammy, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute) (Hardcover)
Good clear instructions on basic recipes, & wonderful pictures so you know what it should look like, very good value for money too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting recipes, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute) (Hardcover)
I already own some very good jam and chutneys recipe books but when I came across this one at a very good price I decided to give it a try and I wasn't disappointed! I haven't tried the recipes yet tough! There are a couple of ingredients I don't know but I will try to find them on Wikipedia and anyway, when you live abroad you can expect to be a bit limited but for the most part I think that I will be able to make most of the recipes! I do have a question about the variation on the Rhubarb & Fig Jam which seems to use oranges but there is no metion to how many, maybe instead of the lemons? I also wish there were more suggestions on how to put the jams and the chutneys to good use, especially the less usual ones and I only use my books as suggestions because as a rule I use my own full proof recipe: either gelifying sugar (500g for 1Kg fruit) or brown sugar and agar agar which only has to boil for 4 minutes. But all these new ideas are very welcome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jammy Jams & Choice Chutneys., 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute) (Hardcover)
This book was a revelation in the choice of ingredient combinations and the subsequent taste experiences when consumed. I would recommend this book to one and all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Both classic and new recipes, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute) (Hardcover)
I own alot of chutney and preserve books already, but in searching for new ideas, i came across this book at my library, and then ended up purchasing it very quickly! There is a really good mixture of both classic recipes and slighlty more unusual ones to tempt you. The recipes are clear and easy to follow, with a good mixture of store cupboard and special ingredients, and the amounts that the recipes make are a good quanity for a couple of jars in most cases, so you can make a few recipes at a time without thinking that you are going to be eating jams and chutneys for every meal. The use of both the fruit and veg is again a good mixture so you will be able to make different items according to the different fruit/veg seasons. I tend to make jams and Chutneys to enter into village shows and there are some good recipes that will im sure be on alot of village shows entry forms - so a very good showing guide book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute) (Hardcover)
Product received in good time, and just what i was looking for. Great for the first time preserver, would recommend!

Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute)
Homemade Jams & Chutneys (Women's Institute) by Midge Thomas (Hardcover - 2 Feb 2012)
6.99