5.0 out of 5 stars Great guidelines for healthy eating,, not hungry!
Published on 7 May 2011 by Laroo

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not a great diet
Having never tried a low carb diet I knew this may be a shock to the system but i'm generally good at following diets to the T, its just the getting started that's the problem!
I'm not a big carb person anyway (don't eat bread and pasta regularly) so though this would be easier for me than some but it was not!
Basically there just isn't enough to eat to sustain...
Published on 18 Jun 2011 by Bex

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guidelines for healthy eating,, not hungry!, 7 May 2011
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
Really enjoying this way of eating. Just a healthy way of eating done in 4 stages of 17 days each. I have never stuck to a program so easily and I am most days truly not hungry. I have been on the 17 day diet for 12 days and I am 7lbs down and I even had a chicken curry for dinner tonight. I can see myself sticking to this forever. Very well written, easy to understand and adapt to. Highly recommend this book if you want to make a change to your eating habits without going hungry and feeling as though your on some crazy unsustainable diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 day wonder!, 23 May 2011
P. A. Temple - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
i saw this when on holiday in florida and thought i'd give it a go. starting weight 15st 1lb. i'm a regular runner but was finding it hard to shift the pounds, and believe me i was running 15-20 miles a week at 7.5 mph average. read the book. cut out sugar and tried to keep to the word of it but in the end i did stray slightly!!
heres the great news. been on the diet now for 28 days and weight now....... 13st 10lbs. easiest weight i have ever lost and have only been running about 6 miles per week as wanted to see how the diet on its own would work. wish this had been around years ago. has really educated me into what my body does and doesnt really need. 5 stars plus for this. ps i'm 43 years old and 5' 11"

5.0 out of 5 stars Really easy to follow, 24 April 2011
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
Really easy to follow, and even if you are only looking to loose 10lbs you can do so fast then move on to maintaining your goal weight. Worth the money and def makes you think about what you are eating.

4.0 out of 5 stars great diet for quick results, 17 July 2011
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
the first couple of days were quite hard but realised we were not drinking enough fluid. we used all the recipes and stuck to the diet for the full 17 days, three of us followed the plan and we lost between 9 and 12 pounds i only needed to lose 10lbs and lost it all. we enjoyed all the food and did not find it boring. the only down side is there is a lot of food preperation and most of the food is fresh i was constantly shopping, however the results are worth it. i will continue to use the plan and work through the other stages.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works but needs imagination to save it becoming dull!, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
I've just finished the first 17 days but only with the help of bbcgoodfood.com recipes to liven things up. I stuck to fish and chicken, with no carbs, no fruit after 2pm, lots of veg. I had to use ingredients such as soy sauce, black bean sauce, mustard, honey, herbs, spices etc. - steamed/grilled fish with veggies is very dull! Lunches I made salads and soups. I was very glad of the eggs and yogurt. I was hungry at times and hardly cheated (I had Brazil nuts as snacks). I also did more than the 17 minutes exercise per day, probably nearer an average of 30mins, made up of walking, swimming and Zumba.
Here's the facts you'll want to know.....
I'm 5'8", medium build, starting weight was 11 stone and I lost 8.5lbs in 17 days.
The rules of the diet are straightforward but you'll need willpower especially without imagination. However it really works!

4.0 out of 5 stars I would recomned, 16 May 2011
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
Very impressed with this book - have tried loads of fad diets including weight watchers and slimming world nothiing of which had quick and noticeable effects.

This book is very informative and easy to follow, the first 17 days are a detox with no carbs or dairy allowed, the second 17 day cycle allows you to itroduce some carbs (brown rice, etc) the 3rd 17 days cycle allows you to introduce even more carbs (brown rice, wholemeal pasta, brown bread) and the final stage is the maintaining stage on which you are encouraged to eat healthy for 5 days a week and have a treat on the other two days.

The book encourage fast weight loss but also allows you to maintain the loss.

I am 6 days into the second 17 day cycle and have lost 1 and 1/2 stone!

5.0 out of 5 stars More a change of lifestyle than a diet, 19 April 2011
B. Kratzer "B London" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
Got the book last week and how glad I am that I did. I only started on the diet 4 days ago and I am already 4 lbs down. There are no restricted eating plans and calorie counting which makes it easy to follow. Dr Mike's explanations are simplified (no doctor gibberish that no one understands) and the book is very easy to read. Out with Weight Watchers and in with Dr Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars It' great!, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
I first saw this diet promoted by Dr Phil and thought that it would be another gimmick - how wrong could I have been! I decided to give it a try.

The book is very well written and addresses the crux of issues that overweight and obese people have - Dr Mike also dispells any myths and tells it like it is. The diet is set up into 4 stages and at each stage you can either write your own daily plans (and they give you all the info and paperwork that you need to do this) or you can follow the prewritten plans. I chose the latter. They were easy to follow and there was hardly anything I couldn't buy in the shops. I have never been on such a great eating plan and I think I will continue to eat this way for the rest of my life. It is a lifestyle change.

So far I have run a 5K race and lost 35lbs or 2.5stone, so I am very happy. I have also reduced my diabetes medication and I hope to be finally off it at some point! It has worked for me so I don't see why it shouldn't work for others. Actually it has, as 6 other colleagues at work have also started it and we have lost about 200lbs collectively! As it's a cheap book to buy so it's worth a try and you don't need to buy expensive foods from the store either. It also covers all different eating choices i.e. if you are vege or like indian cooking etc so there's no excuse. I'll be buying the new cookbook out in April 2012 too. The 17 Day Diet Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, believe me and is pretty easy to do, 1 Sep 2011
Marjorie (Kolmarden, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
I heard about the book and decided to get it since it got such rave reviews. I figured that if it did not turn out to warrant the rave reviews then it would not be too much money lost as the price is quite reasonable. Very easy read, I think I read it in one afternoon. Plans to follow are very simple and he provides detailed guidelines around what to eat and what not to eat and includes a meal plan for the 17 days. I just finished the accelerate cycle where I lost 13 pounds. My goal is 20 pounds, so not too much further to go. As diets go it was pretty manageable. I love to cook, so was pretty inventive with the vegetables. I managed to stick to the protocol knowing that it was only for 17 days. That said I was super glad to have a little brown rice at the start of the second cycle. So I highly recommend this book. For 17 days with a bit of determination and discipline knowing results are guaranteed you can do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm on day 23, 11 July 2011
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet (Paperback)
The content is really clear and well-explained. I was a little apprehensive before reading it, thinking that it might be another ridiculous diet where you can only eat onions or something, but it's basically a healthy eating plan with some extra tips that speed up weight loss. So far, I've lost 5lbs so if you want to do lose weight in a short space of time but in a healthy, non-drastic sort of way, then I think it'll work. It also provides some variations for different cuisines and even has a special diet when you're going through that monthly curse!

I bought mine direct from Amazon and got very quick delivery and a great saving... it's £12.99 in bookstores.

The 17 Day Diet
The 17 Day Diet by Mike Moreno (Paperback - 14 April 2011)