Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 January 2014
Whereas Lisa`s first cook book was full of Lisa you can tell she`s changed in this one. The recipes are a bit pretentious and don`t have the personal touch. I much prefer her first book.
on 10 January 2014
Her first book was much better. Still have some nice recipes and the stories accompanying each recipe are enjoyable to read.
on 13 November 2013
Quite good,not all that I hoped, photos good. Some good recipes,others not of onterest to me. That's about all I can say!
on 7 January 2016
Another great book from Lisa which is also a good read as well, because Lisa comments everything with background snippets and chat which I love. It's fun to sit down with a coffee and mark the recipes you fancy trying out. It gives a selection of recipes for different occasions - a nice mix of stylish recipes for when there is preparation time and emergency quick fixes for when there isn't! Always delicious and reliably good. Especially loved the 'lamb tagine with preserved lemons' and the 'baked peaches with blueberries and mascarpone'. Only slight criticism was that 'Lola's gingerbread men' produced a sticky mess until a lot more flour was added, so watch out for this - it tasted fab in the end though! I do love the fact that Lisa puts proper baking recipes in her books as well, not the case with all cookbooks these days.
on 4 March 2015
Not as good as her first book. Disappointing
on 22 October 2013
This book is nice! The stories behind the recipes are lovely but if you have the first book already this will disappoint.
It is so simalar to the first book and contains tweaked recipes rather then absolutely new ones. Her first book inspired me this one foes not.
on 9 May 2015
I adore Lisa's cooking and this book is beautifully presented with some wonderful recipes new and old.
on 18 March 2016
Lovely clear pictures, stories to go with the recipes, great book, love Lisa's style.
on 30 April 2015
My new favourite cookbook, so many lovely recipes to try.
on 1 October 2013
I don't think it's fair the first two reviewers giving such low marks just because the kindle version doesn't work properly, they could have taken that up with amazon themselves. Anyway I've had the book for 3 days now and I really like it. I've not made any recipes yet but there are loads I've marked with post it notes that I will be making a start on ASAP.

The book is divided into sections family & friends, Sunday morning, rainy days, house full of kids, I have no time, sun is shining, make something special, with recipes that suit each section. Here are some of the recipes that caught my eye that I want to give a go. Fried custard!!!!!, homity pie, wedding meatballs, flammkuchen, beer can chicken, chicken ballotine, deep fried ham hock, halibut with baked potato crust.

Since Lisa won celeb masterchef in 2010 she has been working in top restaurants in London, so she has picked some of her fave cheffy dishes from these and given them her own spin and included these in the make something special section. I took 1 star off as the book is full of pictures of her & her pals and their families walking along beaches which are pointless. We all know she has famous friends!! I would have preferred more pics of the food especially in the cheffy section. This is still a really good cook book I would recommend. If you buy it in sainsburys you get a free dish towel