4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book
I don't think it's fair the first two reviewers giving such low marks just because the kindle version doesn't work properly, they could have taken that up with amazon themselves. Anyway I've had the book for 3 days now and I really like it. I've not made any recipes yet but there are loads I've marked with post it notes that I will be making a start on ASAP...
Published 17 months ago by Glasgow Gal

3.0 out of 5 stars Different to her previous book
Whereas Lisa`s first cook book was full of Lisa you can tell she`s changed in this one. The recipes are a bit pretentious and don`t have the personal touch. I much prefer her first book.
Published 13 months ago by wendy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Different to her previous book, 26 Jan. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an okay book, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
Her first book was much better. Still have some nice recipes and the stories accompanying each recipe are enjoyable to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
Quite good,not all that I hoped, photos good. Some good recipes,others not of onterest to me. That's about all I can say!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)

The book is divided into sections family & friends, Sunday morning, rainy days, house full of kids, I have no time, sun is shining, make something special, with recipes that suit each section. Here are some of the recipes that caught my eye that I want to give a go. Fried custard!!!!!, homity pie, wedding meatballs, flammkuchen, beer can chicken, chicken ballotine, deep fried ham hock, halibut with baked potato crust.

Since Lisa won celeb masterchef in 2010 she has been working in top restaurants in London, so she has picked some of her fave cheffy dishes from these and given them her own spin and included these in the make something special section. I took 1 star off as the book is full of pictures of her & her pals and their families walking along beaches which are pointless. We all know she has famous friends!! I would have preferred more pics of the food especially in the cheffy section. This is still a really good cook book I would recommend. If you buy it in sainsburys you get a free dish towel

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as her first book, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
This book is nice! The stories behind the recipes are lovely but if you have the first book already this will disappoint.
It is so simalar to the first book and contains tweaked recipes rather then absolutely new ones. Her first book inspired me this one foes not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
Sorry. I loved her first book but this one offers nothing particularly original. Come on Delia told us how to cook eggs years ago!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but not everyday, 13 May 2014
L. J. Ward - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed her first book, which has lots of everyday recipes. This book is a little more special occasion and time consuming. However the pictures are beautiful and all the recipes I have tried so far have been easy to follow and great tasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 21 Nov. 2013
Mrs. Mandy J. Townrow (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
I purchased this book after buying the first one and it is every bit as good as the last one. A must for all Lisa Faulkner fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
I haven't been able to put this book down since it landed on my doorstep! I've got Lisa's first book and I love this one just as much. Great variety in the range of recipes and the accompnaying text makes this so much more than a cook book - fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
Really lovely book. Some good family meal ideas and some good entertaining ideas. one of the best celebrity cook books. Not pretentious and fussy. Lisa's style is lovely.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Way I Cook...
The Way I Cook... by Lisa Faulkner (Hardcover - 26 Sept. 2013)
Usually dispatched within 10 to 14 days