5.0 out of 5 stars delightful and delicious recipes
Published on 8 Mar 2012 by Rogers

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Great service. Disappointed in the recipes
Published 1 month ago by Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful and delicious recipes, 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
I bought this book last weekend and have already tried several recipes. The slow cooked chilli using a hint of paprika and chorizo gives a new spin on an old classic. Also tried Victoria's lasagne cooked especially for my teenage son and his friends - it got a definate thumbs up. The recipe's are delicious and Lisa's approach to cooking for her family and friends is delightful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter, 1 Mar 2012
K. G. Goddard (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book, full of manageable recipes for the whole family to make. Lisa's love of cooking is evident and comes through with the little stories she tells with each recipe. A wonderful addition of my quite extensive cookbook collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cookery Book Ever (until her next one), 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
I have had this book for months now and it is my bible. I've cooked nearly every recipe in it and have received nothing but praise which for me is unusual and amazing. Lisa has given me the confidence to try anything and I am so grateful for that. I feel like I can cook now. I could not recommend this book high enough whether you are getting started or competent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply a must-have., 23 Mar 2012
Debbie (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
I own hundreds of cookery books. Delia has long been one of my tutors and I've evolved with a sprinkling of Josceline Dimbleby, a good dollop of Jamie Oliver and a squeeze of Nigella.

Why then do I need another cookery book?

Lisa's book and is much more than a cookery book. Her recipes look tempting and easy to make and really look like they will work and become favourites with my family too.

What is different is her life story interwoven with her recipes - quite enchanting to read and brought many a tear to my eye. I'm sure her family are incredibly proud of her - she comes across as a delightful lady.

Lisa - if you ever read this, you have inspired me with your book and I'm certain your Mum will be smiling down on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful food, beautiful book, beautiful author, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
Like most people I've had my share of cookbooks, but this is the first I've read all the way through, picking up ideas as I go.

Not only is a lovely book full of inspiring, beautiful photos with a very British jubilee feel to them, it also tells a wonderful story and introduces each recipe with a personal story from Lisa Faulkner. The introduction is very inspiring and moving, ordinarily I would of said this type of introduction was unnecessary for a cookbook. However it isn't, it sends me back to my childhood and the food I grew up with and got me in the mood to cook.

Although Lisa's culinary fame came about through winning Celeb Master Chef, the recipes are suited for all abilities. Many cookbooks I own have dishes way out of my cooking range, this book has wide selection suitable for all skill levels.

My favourite dishes so far that I've tried are rice crispie chicken, Betty's corned beef pie, macaroni cheese and the amazing Beef Wellington. Beef Wellington is my favourite dish of all time and this is the only recipe I've managed to pull off with great reviews from friends and family. I never need to buy store made again! The book is divided into seasons, I can't wait for summer to try some of the delicious looking BBQ dishes.

Overall this is a lovely book, with lovely recipes, lovely photos with a lovely personal touch from the lovely Lisa Faulkner.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excitement followed by disappointment!, 3 April 2012
Sue Ryan "Sue" (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
Recipes from my Mother for my Daughter

I was so excited when I discovered I could download this recipe book onto my Kindle. It looks to be a lovely book with good reviews of the hardback version. I spend time abroad and imagined this would make it so easy to have my recipe books both at home and away. Unfortunately, the book is unusable even on the highest font. I guess the type face in the paper version must be in different colours, none of which have reproduced well on the Kindle. The lack of contrast makes it impossible to see unless you have a good light and a magnifying glass. Not a good stance when one is trying to follow a recipe. I am so disappointed because it looks to have some great recipes in it. I am left now wondering whether to buy the paper version but that defeats my original decision of having it on Kindle so I could use it abroad without the weight of the book taking up my luggage allowance. I do hope Amazon will be able to rectify this. I have contacted Amazon Kindle and they are to refund the payment.
I have given it 4 stars because I am not criticising the book - just warning other Kindle users to beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars I admit I normally buy processes stuff like cook in sauces etc because I'm fed of trying ..., 13 July 2014
Jendel (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
An amazing book! I have brought lots of cookery books but lost heart when you spend loads on ingredients and then be really disappointed with the results. So over the years I've been buying cook in sauces etc. However when my daughter started cooking from this book I thought wow this is good. So I got one as well and it's brilliant. Thank you Lisa for restoring my love of proper cooking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly Different, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
What an excellent and different cook book. It is partly auto biographical with interesting recipes and makes you want to experiment and try them.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter (Hardcover)
wonderful lovely book have used many times! Even replied to me on twitter when i raved about it!! great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars packed full of flavour and family friendly, 6 May 2013
Mrs. S. Mcbay "overworked mum" (Clydebank Scotland) - See all my reviews
There are so many cook books on the market that it sometimes difficult to know where to start. I'm really glad I opted for this one. The introduction is a wee bit too gushy for me but if you can ignore that the recipes are great. There are a few that I would class as special occasion types ( maybe not daily ingredients, clams for example) but the majority are really family friendly, really tasty and don't take hours. They do remind me of recipes that I grew up with makes them even more enjoyable. I've had the book about 3 weeks now and have tried 7 or 8 of the main courses and about 4 of the sweets. All of which have gone down a treat. The only failure I've had was my fault and it was with the caramel which I over cooked and ended up with a cross between a gritty fudge / toffee!! I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter
Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter by Lisa Faulkner (Hardcover - 1 Mar 2012)
8.86