5.0 out of 5 stars A meal planning dream!
Published 18 months ago by C. Fisher

2.0 out of 5 stars Since when has 1 hour been considered quick!?
Published 5 months ago by Katie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A meal planning dream!, 25 April 2013
C. Fisher (UK/NZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have an 18 month old and I was looking for a book of easy, healthy recipes that we would all enjoy. The recipes in this book are brilliant because they are simple, very healthy, extremely tasty and they use a basic set of ingredients. I have found that the way the meal is cooked makes it very time efficient, with hardly any faff. Clever use of spices and dry herbs help to make these simple meals taste extra special. Experienced, confident cooks may find the range of recipes a bit basic but in terms of weekday cooking for a family they are absolutely perfect. Since buying this book I have actually been able to plan meals and make shopping lists which is a skill that has previously alluded me. I will be buying the meat-eaters version too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Veggie Biriani, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
As with the earlier book the recipe was easy to shop for & follow .My 2 meat eating guys loved it...especially the sambhal to go with it..a perfect supper in a pot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
Massive hit with all of us and believe me we have some fussy eaters! three boys two girls and one is vegetarian who doesn't eat cooked vegtables! so easy to do and so yummy. I have fallen in love with cooking again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cook book not just for mums and vegetarians!!, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
After being given " The busy mums cook book " and absolutely loved it I was keen to have the new one. I am 13 years old and found I loved cooking when I began secondary school, it was there we had to cook recipes for different dietery requirements such as vegetarians. This new book is great as many of the recipes can be adapted to suit everyone as meat can be added to the recipe so everyone can eat together without cooking lots of different things.
The recipes are easy to follow, you don't need long lists of ingredients that you will never use again and the timings are spot on! You don't need a big kitchen and every gadget going like some cook books require and the recipes are easy to double up or halve and encourage everyone young and old that it is fun and doesn't take hours or need to be expensive. This really should be given to everyone especially students who are starting out. I can't say anything negative at all- roll on the next one :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Since when has 1 hour been considered quick!?, 30 April 2014
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
Was really disappointed with this book. The final products I ve made have been ok, but not as good as found in other recipe books I have. Maybe I misunderstood when buying this but I was after some inspiration to feed my family something healthy and nice when we have just come home and I have them all moaning that they are starving, I have nothing prepared and I have max of twenty mins before they start eating each other! This book contains very few recipes that can be prepared in less than half an hour from start to finish, which is what I had been after when buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Staying in to eat., 6 July 2013
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
We have been vegetarians for 6 years due to my husband's health. Going out to eat should be a treat but we find the same food everywhere we go. So we got fed of this and I decided to have a look in the local library for a veggi cook book and this is the best by far. We have used this book so much that I decided to buy a copy. The recipes are easy and there isn't alot of ingredients like some books you get. Just 2 of my favourites are Gnocci with boiled potatoes, green beans, squash and pesto - delicious. Good textures which is what you want when you are a veggi. Thia rice with mushrooms and omelette ribbons - yummy. I cooked this 3 times as we loved it so much but please use shitake mushroom if you can as the meal is so much better if you do. I found chestnut mushrooms are ok but shitake mushrooms take this meal to a completely different level. The combination of sticky Thai Jasmine rice with sherry, spring onions and garlic and shitake mushrooms is the perfect combination. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Give it a try even if you only try one dish you wish enjoy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not very inspiring, 5 May 2014
Mrs D (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
To be honest I struggled to find enough recipes that would tempt my kids into trying a more vegetarian diet. I also hate cookbooks that lack in pictures. This one has a few, but not merely enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 May 2014
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
Great vegetarian recipes. We wanted to eat less meat so decided to get this based on the other reviews. Recipes that I have tried are very easy to follow and tasty. Would definitely recommend if you want quick home cooked veggie recipes.

3.0 out of 5 stars not that impressed., 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
Its an ok cookbook, but I wouldn't say I was inspired to cook many of the recipes and not as good as I was lead to believe in the revue

5.0 out of 5 stars A veggie cookbook to convert even the strictest carnivores, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook (Hardcover)
Absolutely love this book. I've recently started to cut down on meat trying only to only eat it as a treat at the weekend. This book has made it more than easy - any page I open has a delicious recipe that I can't wait to try. The bean chilli is a particular favourite... A brilliant celebration of vegetarian food.. thank you Mary! Oh, and as with her last book - this is definitely not just for mums!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook
The Busy Mum's Vegetarian Cookbook by Mary Gwynn (Hardcover - 3 Jan 2013)